Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Indekkusutaku

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightxss View Post
My point, is that "any" team could have used this to their advantage.
* That would mean they would have to restart the whole tournament.

Because how would we know, who cheated and who didn't?
Unfortunately you can only punish where there is proof, actually this is not unfortunate but rather the fact that guilty people go unpunished is unfortunate, so unless there is good proof, such as the case with the WE player accused in this thread, you can't punish. But that doesn't mean those who have been caught should go unpunished.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:

They have 5 cameras on the desk pointed at each players face individually the entire game. Someone at Riot would just have to go over the video to see who did it during games or pauses.

with momoiroUME

10-06-2012

Actually, I did notice throughout the games, that they would instantly ping unit at their EXACT, and I mean, EXACT location, not just paths they would take, but actualy like dots in brushes.

Sure they are top 12 in world, but really? How can you kow wether they are at the top/sid/bot of the tribrush? Yes the ping were that accurate, and after seeing this, this ruins the game, esp at this level, and even if the players aren't intentionally doing this, knowing that you can...

Hell I would probably do it knowing 1m was on the line. JS.

Sandunguioso

10-06-2012

Quote:

thats valid

but how do you know this is true that they could do it only tsm brought the issue and i can only see them as been a little biased because of that lvl 1

i would like to see some other team talk about it if its such a potential problem do you think that if the teams at the finals knew this they would just let it go because its an "strategy" they could use to me that's unlikely

michelada

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indekkusutaku View Post
Unfortunately you can only punish where there is proof, actually this is not unfortunate but rather the fact that guilty people go unpunished is unfortunate, so unless there is good proof, such as the case with the WE player accused in this thread, you can't punish. But that doesn't mean those who have been caught should go unpunished.
we a re just asking to remove those screens with the minimap on it

Yuffy Kisaragi

10-06-2012

K, so DQ W.E.

Indekkusutaku

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caucxican View Post
They have 5 cameras on the desk pointed at each players face individually the entire game. Someone at Riot would just have to go over the video to see who did it during games or pauses.
Which by the way I'm not opposed to, I'll even volunteer to do it for free for them, cheating is unacceptable.

Nightxss

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indekkusutaku View Post
Unfortunately you can only punish where there is proof, actually this is not unfortunate but rather the fact that guilty people go unpunished it unfortunate, so unless there is good proof, such as the case with the WE player accused in this thread, you can't punish. But that doesn't mean those who have been caught should go unpunished.
Riot does have everything recorded btw.
* Even with the cameras on the monitors.

They kept showing clips from critical battles, showing the reaction of the "Asian players perspective" at random times during the tournament.

This mean the cameras are constantly recording their faces and where they are looking.
* Riot can review the footage and find out who cheated.

Jinotad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

The reason why have only this once incident, is that his camera happened to be the active when he did it. I wouldn't be surprised after this topic has become so huge that they will have someone go threw every person individually and look for other similar body language.

As for the counter jungle invade on TSM, during that break, the players had plenty of opportunities to both listen to the commentators, by taking off their headphones, and being able to look about, as some obviously did.

My personal opinion with this WE, is that he heard a cheer and instinctively looked at the mini-map to see if there was something going on he didn't know. As for that pinging, we don't know who pinged, it might have been him, though more likely it was Fzzf as that where he went towards after the ping.

What I might suggest is someone go threw and focus on the minimap and see how may dead on pings of people in the FOW from the enemy team.

mTy Z

10-06-2012

There are 5 screens.
One large screen, 2 medium screens for streaming 2 sides' players face, and 2 map screens.
The angle that WE watched can't see the map screen. Only CLG's faces.

And there are 3 mins delay.
Why I am saying this, cuz I was in LA live. In the 3rd row of left side.
I was watching players after they put their hands out of keyboards and hi 5 to each others, the game is still streaming.
3 MINS DELAY, PLZ DON'T BE STUPID.