Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Why was Azubu Frost not disqualified and are now allowed to continue winning more prize money up to and including 1 million dollars?!

Did Riot even think about how bad they would look if Azubu Frost won the million dollars?! Azubu Frost would laugh at that 30k fine then wouldn't they?

They trolled us hard....

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Been reading the forums general opinion about the punishment. This quote stood out to me the most:

"So people are discovered attempting to cheat. You make them pay some money and let them continue with the tournament? Are you serious?"

Anyway, I'd like to thank the LOL community for not letting this die quietly and keeping this on Riot's radar, not allowing them to sweep it under the rug. Having most of our evidence here get confirmed by Riot feels really good.

ADCTOPSUPPORT

10-10-2012

What they should do is what mlg does, Make booth that is both sound proof and so they players cant look up at the screen behind and cant hear as well.

Caucxican

10-10-2012

Riot has said that they don't want to ever use booths

Zezune

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTkiller View Post
Best teams in the world....

in the world...............
Still need to cheat....

Nazzadan

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caucxican View Post
Riot has said that they don't want to ever use booths
Just another reason they are a joke.

Kekeoki

10-10-2012

So glad that they at least tried to fix this. I mean, TBH I would have liked to see a rematch or even a DQ, I understand that they didn't though. If they did nothing I would have just quit viewing league as competitive.

Malvodius

10-10-2012

They wanted to make a "revolutionary" event, where the player would be connected to the spectators, and it obiously backfired. How could they Not see this coming? It's a big tournament, where people is playing for a good amount of fame and money: if you give them a chance to cheat and win, they will take it.
Everything wrong that happend in this tournament could have been prevented, but it wasn't.

Caucxican

10-10-2012

Riot almost caused a riot in LA of all places......

Too soon?

Aerophobia

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
This post might as well just be deleted...