Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Don Kronic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

This just sickens me

Snoring

10-08-2012

Bump.

Jotnet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
I used valve cause you talked about Dota2 in a post it shouldn't be in, especially not a statement that makes absolutely no sense.

It is like saying: A PC broke at the tournament. This game sucks.

Cheaters are the players and not the game. The game is fine.
the opportunity was made by Riot. Nothing to do with the game.
And even in Dota2 tournaments you were able to see the big screen (in some at least), but people didn't look (or were not caught).

I used Valve as a counter part to show that even Valve does make mistakes.
That doesn't make the games worse. I still bought so many and will buy the ones i like.
And even in Dota2 tournaments you were able to see the big screen (in some at least), but people didn't look (or were not caught).

I think i need some sauce on that or else just give up trying to defend precious RIOT League of Lehends.

Lustar The True

10-08-2012

Dudes, be realistic, Riot would like to keep a low profile after the internet 's fiasco.

I think Riot is well aware of what happened but they won't make it public, it would mean 'we entirely failed to organize a 2 millions dollars event".... that would be unacceptable for the brand image of a company no matter its name.

I would not be surprised to see azubu frost and WE losing their next match...well, in fact i am 100% sure they will do.

Dr Jimmy

10-08-2012

Riot should take a stand and do the right thing. To maintain integrity, you can't brush things like this under the rug. Go back and rehost the event (the games aren't "live with audience" so you could literally run them all week long). Host them from a secure facility where you can ensure no cheating is possible. I'm not sure why they didn't have people listening to team communications during the tourney along with their official refs... or better yet, put the minimaps in places that couldn't be seen or box in the players. Brushing this aside and pretending like it didn't happen is a sure fire way to ensure you don't have legitimacy going forward. How will people take you seriously when you can't even stop (or care to correct) obvious cheating at your main event?

KillerJaedong

10-08-2012

"It was noticed that both teams had players that were shifting their bodies during the pause."
- Redbeard

So basically it was noticed that AF was looking at the minimap (which is shown in the "evidence").
This resulted in AF knowing TSM's lvl 1 strategy of moving top.

• TSM strategy revealed by cheating resulted in a restart of the game.
I'm not quite satisfied with the punnishment here because there was none.

Placing those screens so visible to the players in the first place would result in disqualifications being too hard a punnishment. So there's no way to solve this without a bad/injust outcome.

TL;DR
AF cheat to find out TSM strategy, punnished by a restart?

Toshogu

10-08-2012

why not a simple solution of making booths? If i remember quite a few regional championship games in the EU, Asia etc. had the players in booths. It's a bad oversight on Riots part imo.

hopefully Riot will understand that the integrity of the game is far more important than how good it looks on stage. It would not be hard to construct a good looking booth, or stage screen blinders. or just simply put the screens forward of the players.

This should not have been an issue in the first place. Riot has done a disservice to the tourny players for putting them in a position in which they can even be accused of cheating.

fredblaze01

10-08-2012

1k upvote well done sir.

Caucxican

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredblaze01 View Post
1k upvote well done sir.
What do I win?

swilson

10-08-2012

You're getting upvoted for presenting some trash circumstantial evidence.
A Riot referee tells you you're wrong, based on evidence he has at his disposal, including actually having monitored the event himself and gets downvoted?
I don't understand.