Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

My only fear right now is that with such blatant cheating happening from multiple teams ALONG with a playoff that has to be planned and rushed before the day of Finals (which is set in stone by the way), Riot will investigate hoping to not find anything too solid IMO. It would ruin the schedule if they had to stand up and do the right thing...

Stinkbag

10-07-2012

Riot do something about this! The entire Tourney honestly needs to be re-done properly.

If Riot does nothing they will just show unprofessional they are.

Ensig

10-07-2012

Bump

OrbitxD

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbag View Post
riot do something about this! The entire tourney honestly needs to be re-done properly.

If riot does nothing they will just show unprofessional they are.
redo tourney!

Lazzy

10-07-2012

This tourney is a wash.

They honestly need to redo the entire thing. There is to much proof of people cheating and people admitting the mini map was view able.

Cooldownslol

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).

How do you even have a job, let alone being the "lead" referee when you are capable of making such an incompetent statement? You are blowing my mind right now. First of all, it's plain as day he looked back just as the game unpaused and the mini map was shown and he just happens to ping where TSM was even though there was no possible way of knowing that information. However the evidence is irrelevant, because you could never personally guarantee anything like that. It's impossible unless your incompetency has leaked into your common sense as well. You are a joke, I'm baffled how you became the "lead" of anything.

Leblonjames

10-07-2012

People are way too mad. I dont think they would let people cheat with 2 000 000$ on the table.

Bees

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamantaka View Post
http://bambuser.com/v/3036077 at 16:53:55 you can clearly see Dyrus look up at the minimap screen, and that it is still on. Dyrus claims that when he looked the screen had already been turned off. Thank god for finding another camera angle.
Thank you for posting the link. Yes, if Dyrus said it was black when he looked, then that wasn't true. However, from what I could tell from what reginald was saying, is that that was the moment they realized that the other team could see that they were invading top, so they mentioned it to the officials.

Yes, both teams looked when were not supposed to, and nobody would have probably thought twice about it, but then Azubu Frost pinged the top lane fog of war where they were getting invaded when they should have no idea where the enemy team was. This was so obvious and suspicious that people mentioned it as it was happening. Their following actions suggest they used this knowledge and that's why everyone is focusing on Frost. This is what really brought the easy potential to cheat to everyone's attention. Would Azubu Frost have won anyway? Probably, they were outplaying TSM that day. Was there also cheating going on that everyone knows about now? It appears so.

Care Bot

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeve View Post
Would Azubu Frost have won anyway? Probably, they were outplaying TSM that day.
That day, erry day.

Battle Artist

10-07-2012

bumb