Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darth Melkor

10-07-2012

Conspiracy is one thing but how can you deny all this evidence? The most obvious imo is Woong, it shows him looking right at the minimap across the stage immediately followed by a ping to TSMs location. I mean WTF? This is a big deal considering that early lead could have snowballed easily for TSM. I feel real bad for them, if it were me I would have probably blew up and raged at the refs or something idk that's some major BS.

crono411

10-07-2012

LOL can you even blame the competitors on this one? Riot was like that dumb teacher in a chemistry room that left the table of elements up during a test and just expected no one to cheat. It is one thing to cheat, it is another when one enables cheating yet doesn't expect it to happen.

Điable Ørateur

10-07-2012

Bump , there is no smoke without a fire . Cheating has DEFINITELY BEEN GOING ON.

Hextacy

10-07-2012

Riot had no contingency plans for inet failures, no lan servers, the sun glare, heat, no booths, stage setup even allowing cheating to occur.

How does Riot deserve any praise or "hugs" and "motivation" when they put on a tournament worse than MLG and its collusion.

The scariest part about all this is Riot will be taking complete control over Season 3 with contracts.

ShadowRumia

10-07-2012

what did they expect with that mini map **** and the screens. the players shouldk be BEHIND THE SCREENS so only the crowd knows what is going on. bad move Riot....teams lost because of no sportsman**** no talent cheaters.

Caucxican

10-07-2012

Quote:
Li7hium oOo:
Actually, after re-reading what RedBeard said, I came into the conclusion he only admits "small" mistakes and tries to rug off the whole Azubu Frost incident. He even says, and I quote, "No further incidents of screen-looking were witnessed during this match." while talking about the AF vs TSM match when it's clear that Woong looked at the mini-map and immediately pinged TSM location in a fog of war area he couldn't have known otherwise..

Now I am actually completely disappointed with Riot. They could have done the right thing but instead chose the, "we made small mistakes but in the end everything was okay" approach.

I agree that some of what he said left me worried still. But I'd rather wait for the investigation to end and see their results before getting all worked up about it again.

We will see what they say soon hopefully. If the results say we were wrong, I would hope they would at least provide solid enough proof to make us stand down.

Điable Ørateur

10-07-2012

bump

PB4UAME

10-07-2012

Quote:
RiotTiza:
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).

Most downvoted post in forum history yet?

Sw33t V3n0m

10-07-2012

if they find that they looked in every game then they could be dq'ed. but even if this dosnt give the rest of the teams there shot at winning. the right thing to do is reorganize the contest and try again in an inviroment that dosnt promote cheating

darkwager

10-07-2012

I wonder what Riot will do about this, I mean it was a terrible idea to have the mini-maps displayed like that in plain sight, what were they thinking? You can't fix something like this, I mean this tournament is basically trash -- cheating for a 1 million dollar prize. The only way to fix something like this is to restart the tournament in a new setting but I doubt this will happen. It's just like, so blatantly stupid, no regulations for cheating. But come on, mini-map in plain sight? Its like saying O.K you can cheat if you don't get caught. LOL