Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xaephros

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
Already more downvoted than "This thread is now about dogs". For good reason, too.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traithan View Post
The good people of reddit are compiling a list of all the cheating occurances.

iG is on there.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...heating_proof/

I have added this to the OP already as well

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

10-07-2012

ahahAHAHAH NOOB RIOT, not only they are **** but also lie to us. gg. before fixing our community fix your red behaviour too ?

1scythe1

10-07-2012

I'll say it again. Yes there is indisputable proof of cheating, but riot set up the stage and the prize pool. For $1,000,000 you damn well know these kids, yes most of them are still kids, are going to try to take a peek. iG vs SK = blatant peek, TSM vs AF = blatant (who pings top lane, right next to 4 tsm players, at 27 secs.?), CLG vs WE = blatant. All these episodes are being circulated, and riot isn't doing a single thing. Why? Because they are a Chinese owned company and are not allowed to bring dishonor to their people. Actually I don't know riots reasons for not saying/doing anything, but what I do know is that they screwed up and are ignoring the situation.

Who is Sexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

bump for Justice

Garmeth

10-07-2012

Don't let this thread die

OrbitxD

10-07-2012

bump

pyramideye89

10-07-2012

this will never go away and once you close it believe that another will take its place.
justice!

HolyPikeman

Zetasphere

10-07-2012

181 pages. 1 red post with a big negative fifteen hundred and something. And rising. Ouch.