Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thysan

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
I can assure you that the cheating that happened and was pretty obvious to everyone watching on stream and to people at the venue and was easily avoided by simply putting the teams in booths like EVERY OTHER E-SPORT, didn't happen, because that would make the company I work for look really bad and I don't want that to happen. Just trust me. Please.
FIXED

I am appalled by Riot's inability to think this through and have a good set up for THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS. You make MILLIONS you noobs. L2BOOTH. Even if cheating didn't happen (which I think it did), but even if it didn't, people THINK that it did and your integrity and the integrity of the event is called into question because of it.

You try to compare yourself to the NFL in all your videos and stuff when talking about LoL as an e-sport. Well take a page from their book if you want to be taken seriously. They used replacement referees for 3 weeks of the regular season this year. It turned off the fans because it called into question the integrity of the competition between the teams. The same thing is happening here. You didn't use booths. It now seems that teams had the ability to cheat and they probably did in the eyes of the fans. It DOESN'T MATTER if YOU tell US they didn't. It just seems you are covering your own ***.

Take a page from the NFL book. Admit you were wrong for not utilitizing booths for all the teams at the world championships and for not having a secure LAN to play the event on and move on. Change. Be better in the future because of this travesty. Because whether or not cheating happened, (which many people believe it did) it appeared to your viewers that it did take place and you DID NOTHING to protect the competition from the accusation that cheating occurred. (i.e. using soundproof/enclosed booths) Having YOUR employee say "please trust me, no cheating happened, I pinky swear" means nothing. Seriously, RIOT PLS.

DirgeTheWitch

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datanksta View Post
So basically, "Riot, don't defend yourselves, just confess or else."
Is that how you read sentences? By reading what you want to and ignoring whats written? I didn't say don't defend yourselves, I said give us a serious response on the issue. Obviously Tiza's 100% self assured post didn't sit well with anyone, so perhaps come back with something else...literally anything else. If Tiza came back and said "We're looking into this." It would get traction going. Stop being ignorant/trying to put words in my mouth.

IrrationalNoob

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSundance View Post
It's not even besides the point. How many LoL events in the past have had sound-proof booths? Many, as I recall.
1) Set design made everything that happened possible
2) Set design failed?
3) "Wait, I can cheat, get caught and not be punished?
4)????
5) $1,000,000 Profit!

tl:dr, set design fail + referee fail + Riot community letdown = Lack of integrity and loss of respect for Riot from a large chunk of the community.
Fine. Cheating should not have been so easy and it is Riot's fault.

I just want to know whats going to be done about it. State of the tournament. Future stage designs. Etc. I will be bumping this thread till we get a red post that is better then the one here.

SwagCG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Looking for a new red post.

Orazzz

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
Fine. Cheating should not have been so easy and it is Riot's fault.

I just want to know whats going to be done about it. State of the tournament. Future stage designs. Etc. I will be bumping this thread till we get a red post that is better then the one here.
Here's what should be done.
1) Re-schedule the whole tournament
2) Re-design the stage
3) Include sound-proof booths
4) Restart the tournament from scratch.
If the teams that won were the teams that deserved to win, fan boys will have nothing to QQ about. Riot takes the (deserved hit) for how much money it will cost them to do the above, and once again there is sweet sweet justice.

Will it happen? No. Should it happen? Anyone feel free to give me one reason it shouldn't happen without using the word fanboy in your arguement.

Zathson

10-07-2012

Explanation Where?!

Refr4ze

10-07-2012

The mistake was riot not setting up booths. Enabling all the peaking to happen.

Alphazonex

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
http://i.imgur.com/hntqU.jpg

Everyone makes mistakes man. The best you can do is try to fix them instead of ignoring them.

Refr4ze

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSundance View Post
Here's what should be done.
1) Re-schedule the whole tournament
2) Re-design the stage
3) Include sound-proof booths
4) Restart the tournament from scratch.
If the teams that won were the teams that deserved to win, fan boys will have nothing to QQ about. Riot takes the (deserved hit) for how much money it will cost them to do the above, and once again there is sweet sweet justice.

Will it happen? No. Should it happen? Anyone feel free to give me one reason it shouldn't happen without using the word fanboy in your arguement.
Because teams that fairly won, could lose if the tournament was to be remade, lawsuits would happen. And that's not at all fair.
Quite simple.

BOT ADC OR FEED

10-07-2012

WE TPA TSM Azubu all did it so far, or is at least very suspicious of doing it, and possibly some teams did it without getting caught. I wouldnt really try to defend the teams being caught but there are way too many TSM fanboys who will probably downvote this because im saying they are only majorly focusing on Azubu Frost who TSM vs'd against and not the other teams, such as TSM just believing what dyrus said and etc.
Also, this is mostly because of riots poor design of the stage and etc. A stage with this big of a scale and such a poorly designed stage causing problems with the suns and etc for the players as well as internet connections and etc. If it was someone at fault, it would be riot.