Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

neo4321

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Oh don't worry I will never let this die until we get some answers or the entire tournament gets reset.

Indekkusutaku

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo4321 View Post
Oh don't worry I will never let this die until we get some answers or the entire tournament gets reset.
That's probably a little bit out of the realm of a realistic solution, but I agree we need answers, not some Riot post that makes i obvious the poster hasn't read the OP, that they then try to delete until Myself and some of the other community members call them on it.

O4kololo

10-07-2012

Chinese Company owns Riot games,thats why game dc everytime clg was goin to win(second game just turn around, and fourth they would win anyway),and none mind the cрeaters,becouse WE is the last chinese team which can get prizes

Elenia Andras

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo4321 View Post
lmao

Keep bumping til eternity! Riot already answered via the head referee. You might not be satisfied with the answer, but you're really funny if you think the tournament is going to be reset lol.

Indekkusutaku

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenia Andras View Post
lmao

Keep bumping til eternity! Riot already answered via the head referee. You might not be satisfied with the answer, but you're really funny if you think the tournament is going to be reset lol.
Tell me why you think his response has any validity, if you can't your post has no credibility.

Drago6817

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
I believe that pic is when Regi called over the official and pointed it out to them...
I could be wrong, but I know that Regi did point it out to them..so TSM is atleast honorable in that, they admitted they looked at the other team to see if they seen the mini, and they did.
Yes, my position is more that we should not be pointing the finger at this team or that team because they all probably did it to some extent.

We should all be pointing the finger at riot for creating a situation for an event this important where this is even possible.

Indekkusutaku

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago6817 View Post
Yes, my position is more that we should not be pointing the finger at this team or that team because they all probably did it to some extent.

We should all be pointing the finger at riot for creating a situation for an event this important where this is even possible.
I agree Riot has fault in the matter, but if someone gets caught cheating they should be punished, every player there was physically capable of not looking, so if they do they have fault as well. I support disciplinary action for any player that is found to be cheating, and becuase this is a team game that often means disciplinary action for their team as well, don't want your team to get in trouble, then stress to the players on your team how important it is not to cheat.

Xyltin

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3n07s View Post
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/334537601?t=5h32m43s

LOL< look at his head turn as the main camera goes up.
Good catch. He looked at the map to see where TSM is heading when the game started.

There is so many proof that it was abused.

And i dont't blame the teams. Riot gives them a fair chance to sue it to their advantage.
How hard can it be to make such a minimap screen in front of the crowd so that both teams can only see the display from behind?

That and the big D/C incidents would actually be a reason the remake the whole tournament.

Food4Thought

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago6817 View Post

I understand riot is mainly at fault, we are all bashing frost and WE.

personally I think any team that played on that stage other than TSM should be getting a bashing.

TSM pointed out the issue, they wouldnt do that if they were going to cheat and try and get away with it, they arnt handicapables.

Alphazonex

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
I have a question. Dyrus informed you or one of the other Referees before the game that the mini map screens were in the field of vision of both teams. Why did ya'll allow them to stay on during the game? I don't see a reason why you should run the risk of any team using that to their advantage in something as MAJOR as this event. Did the ref that Dyrus inform simply keep that to himself instead of telling you or anyone else?