Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

taeccool

10-07-2012

In TSM vs Azubu, that first ping was just ridiculously out of place and suspicious. If anything, they need to be disqualified. It doesn't even matter if TSM doesn't get through but Azubu pulling that stunt causes the whole tournament to lose all of its meaning.

LGD Frokid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modem Mike View Post
Not sure if this has been posted but yeah I am on the fence with the whole cheating thing but tbh Riot balls it up terribly with even having that screen there and so visible..

Check this link to see how easy it would b to see http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...om%2F0KHEd.jpg
LOL
What a joke. They need to fire whoever set up the stage to be like that.
Truly, that is a blatant error they let slide

Ashreal

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by frokid View Post
LOL
What a joke. They need to fire whoever set up the stage to be like that.
Truly, that is a blatant error they let slide
The screen with the logo, isn't the one with the map on it.

lolLuckylol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashreal View Post
The screen with the logo, isn't the one with the map on it.
the other screen is right above it, u only need to tilt ur head slightly upwards

AIphaOmega

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
I agree with this just alot of fanboys crying cause their team lost i wouldnt even bother responding to them. Thanks for ur response tho wasnt necessary.

TheNerdAL

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolLuckylol View Post
the other screen is right above it, u only need to tilt ur head slightly upwards
That pic is the POV of someone standing up, not sitting down.

lolLuckylol

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIphaOmega View Post
I agree with this just alot of fanboys crying cause their team lost i wouldnt even bother responding to them. Thanks for ur response tho wasnt necessary.
????

http://i.imgur.com/hntqU.jpg

step 1 : look at minimap
step 2: ping the spot
step 3: send 2 to stop theyre invade while u invade urself
step 4: hope that random kids on forums backs you up by making pointless comments (COUGH COUGH RIOT EMPLOYEE))
step 5: PROFIT

no this is not how a 2million dollar cup should be ... RIOT,,,,,
no... just no

http://i.imgur.com/0KHEd.jpg (Player field of vision) (map screen right over this one)

comment on this instead of brownosing riot employee trying to shush away this case

Lord Janas

10-07-2012

Go ARAM for a final, get disqualified. Cheat in a championship, progress to the next round.

lolLuckylol

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSleigher69 View Post
That pic is the POV of someone standing up, not sitting down.
so? player head wount interfere cos the map is slighly higher than that screen...

players have verified that screen was easily visible not shure what ur trying to archive?

Jacks391

10-07-2012

Imo, Riot needs to take some time, look over all of the evidence provided, do their own investigation and then talk to the teams accused of cheating. When they show the proof they have compiled to the teams/managers and have confessions from the teams whether or not they cheated then Riot can come to a conclusion of to DQ or not DQ.

All in all this seems shady, but, a million dollars is on the line. Though, I thought the top twelve teams in the WORLD would have some respect for their fans. The people who SUPPORT them want them to play fair and WIN because they played better than the others.