Leblanc needs to be cut.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcolepsya

03-14-2014

Okay.
I get how people say yasuo and jinx are broken. But whatever.
It happens.
They're fairly new.
But.. Leblanc has been here for AGES... and has ALWAYS needed to be cut down pretty badly.
It's no secret that she does the most burst in the entire game.
And can almost one hit people with hardly any items.
She does all this INSANE damage.. and yet also has low cool-downs, crazy amazing mobility, a clone, a very brief stealth, a silence, and a root. I get it. These are all for sustain and kiting, but how is that even balanced? She needs a rework in my opinion.
Yes I've been killed by many leblancs. But that's not why I'm complaining, because I mean.. I also play her sometimes.. and enjoy it. I'm just saying.. even with the recent "balancing" She's INCREDIBLY powerful. Since riot enjoys reworking champions all the time.. why not rework her, instead of being in a battle of constant nerfs and buffs.
She may fall off late game pretty badly depending on the tanks the opposing team has.. but so does a ton of other champions.. who do not even have half of her crazy perks.
Eh.
Any takes on this?
Sorry if it seems as if I'm raging over her. But.. it's just my opinion on it.
^^

67chrome

03-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcolepsya View Post
She does all this INSANE damage.. and yet also has low cool-downs, crazy amazing mobility, a clone, a very brief stealth, a silence, and a root.
Pretty standard kit for an assassin. Look at Zed, Kha'Zix, Master Yi, Fizz, Kassadin, Akali, Rengar, Shaco, Wukong, Diana, Pantheon, Fiora, Yasou, and you'll see a similar pattern of insanre damage, low cooldowns/re-sets/powerful auto-attacks, amazing mobility, and some pretty solid defense mechanisms.

Most assassins actually have painful auto-attacks after their rotation is up and a solid chunk of them have re-sets though, LeBlanc doesn't do much when her burst is spent.

Which makes her pretty awful in team fights. I'd almost go as far to say she's one of the single worst team-fighters in the entire game, which her serious lack of wins in Howling Abyss tends to indicate.
Most champions that attempt to carry their team with damage can take out a solid ~50% of the enemy team's collective health. Mages tend to get there with AoE, Marksman with consistent auto-attacks, assassins with a combination of re-sets, auto-attacks, and AoE.
Which honestly makes LeBlanc pretty bad, she can easily become a massive sink of income and experience for her entire team by doing nothing beyond shaving off 1/5th of the enemy team's collective health. The only time you can really do well with LeBlanc is if your entire team can set up a picks/assassination composition revolving around avoiding large scale engagements, which generally involves a pre-made team, and makes LeBlanc an incredibly niche pick.

Vonzent

03-14-2014

Leblanc is balanced for the most part, The key points to dealing with her are.

1.Banshee veil, to block her DFG and or first sigil.

2.Map awareness/wards, if you can see leblanc incoming, simply move to safety due to her mobility dont let her gap close on ya (2 distortions)

3. Be critical of where she is, leblanc is only effective if she has a front line, and avoid being within spell range, also avoid dueling Leblanc 1v1.

last bit, shes incredibly squishy and single target based spell. a team with any strong cc/silence can pretty much shut her down quickly in a team fight, it just takes timing. If your playing ADC, dont be surprised to be bursted unless your playing sivir (spell block), its her job/role to shut down squishys as quick as possible, AKA assassin.

Gulma

03-14-2014

I think Leblanc is being played because of how the AoE initiators are no longer being played (Malphite, Amumu and hecarim. She can easily get away from Wukong, Panth, Khaz or Elise. In other words she can't be easily killed in a team fight.

As for counters, try Swain, he was my go to against Kassadin, I think he could work against Le OP

Serpents Embrace

03-15-2014

LeBlanc has always needed to be cut? For more than a season she was "trash tier". :\

Her recent changes (ultimate) helped her immensely, but she's so prominent and powerful right now because high burst is what's in for mages. Champions like Gragas, Syndra and LeBlanc all have high burst potential with and without lots of AP, which is what people want right now.

You can beat her reliably with a lot of champions in lane when you prepare with heavy MR runes, alternate defensive masteries, early MR rush (Chalice, Spectral etc) and a consistent wave clear. TBH, I think this puts her in a worse spot than a lot of mages because her 'counters' aren't champion-specific.

Sceptre Wielder

johnnybravo2

03-15-2014

Unless she's at like full build, she can't actually one shot you. It usually takes at least all of her basic skill, and quite often her ult.

XEmpowered

03-15-2014

Nop!

Kaellina

03-15-2014

I think she still needs a cut, her early game was supposed to be cut down but it's still there as if it was a pre-nerf Annie burst at 6. She can still 100-0 you and unlike most assassins you actually can't do anything about it because of her silence, root, and double jump. Her lane harass was jumped to because of her jump. She just needs a nerf in jump and remove her silence all around like with Kassadin because it's low cooldown silence and her jump is just too powerful for what it's used for now, high burst, lane clear, escape, initiation, chase it's just not right even Kha'zix at least has to get a upgrade for his long jump and with a cool down and not used for it's high burst. Please at least nerf her down a notch or just rework her into something more balanced. She was a hidden OP until the LCS.