Riot, Darius ult is broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Your evil cat

03-14-2014

The ult animation is pretty long, i've noticed that when you ult and someone flashes over a wall or walks into an unwarded bush the ult goes off but just doesnt do any damage. Sometimes it than goes on cooldown, while at other times it does not. I am 100% sure this is not a connexion issue, since i had it happen on a lot of occasions, while it never happens on other champs.

The problem mainly seems to be visibility and blocked by terrain. I suggest making the ult cast instant instead of with a slight delay. Because if this is intented it makes darius pretty darn weak.

Serpents Embrace

03-14-2014

I can't say I've ever experienced that, but I also don't play a lot of Darius.

Is it something you've been able to record? Or something you would be able to freely recreate?

There are a lot of visual/FOW updates underway and there are many Rioters saying it will be a long process because many of the problems come from deep within old and very basic coding, and rewriting it will have to go through everything that works off of it.

The slightly delay on Darius ultimate is for opponent's reaction times. Things like Kayle's ultimate (probably the best counter to Darius) would be completely useless if it was instant cast. Other options (like Zhonya's, which will just delay the inevitable) would also become pointless. It would actually be a huge spike in Darius' power, which he doesn't really need. Additionally, this situational bug you've described wouldn't really impact Darius' power outside of these cases. Using Darius' ult at the last second in an area where they can flash over a wall is a pretty subpar use, anyway..

Liljaywaun

03-14-2014

ive experienced thsi as well

YoSammittySam

03-14-2014

I've had this happen as well, except it'll do damage ill Dunk on a champion over a wall or something cuz I'll hit dunk and mid animation they'll flash through and still get dunked from a mile away.

CaptainGhostRyde

03-14-2014

What needs to change honestly is just a lower time on the cast animation. Maybe halve it because right now as someone who enjoy Darius, he has the issue that most people are smart enough to interupt him or walk into one of the spots that stop his ult especially when you consifer the current tops and how they work.

TANNON

03-14-2014

This happens a lot to me when I play Garen. I ult, they turn a corner, I'm already mid animation and the sword is visibly coming down, then they dissapear in the fog of war and I just wasted my ult.

HuangYueYing

03-15-2014

I'm not saying this is not a problem, but please note the difference between a broken animation (should be fixed) and a dodge-able skill (could be intentional), ult or not.

67chrome

03-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your evil cat View Post
since i had it happen on a lot of occasions, while it never happens on other champs.
A ton of champions actually have no-ult but CD issues. Fiora's used to be canceled if her only target juked into brush, which Riot finally got around to addressing with a buff. Pretty much every champion I've played has had no ult but CD issues as well, from popular picks like Jinx, Leona, and Caitlyn to less common picks like Quinn, Cho'Gath, and Warwick.

If you look at League Fails on YouTube, you'll find a lot with Warwick screwing himself with his own ult.

I've also tended to notice Darius getting an ult re-fresh if his target activates Zhonya's Hourglass as well, which feels a little cheap when you have an ult Zhonya'd on a ranged champion where you've got no such luck - when the projectile is fired off on a lot of champions that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your evil cat View Post
The problem mainly seems to be visibility and blocked by terrain. I suggest making the ult cast instant instead of with a slight delay. Because if this is intented it makes darius pretty darn weak.
Well - post your finidings in the Bug Report section if this is the case. Be as detailed as possible, if a Rioter takes you seriously they'll likely need to dig through a lot of scripting to get to the issue, and they'll probably need to be able to re-create the issue you're having in game.