Please tell me about Olaf.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CryxTryx

10-06-2012

I see him played now and then. He doesn't seem like some of the super flashy champions like we are seeing released now a days, but how is he? What is his role? Who out classes him in that role?

Are there some things unique to him that no one else really brings to the field?

Is he worth learning?

Thanks!

Shadow of Inari

10-06-2012

He's like poppy only balanced

Zerglinator

10-06-2012

He's a mean top lane pick who supposedly counters a good number of tops.

CryxTryx

10-06-2012

How is he like Poppy? I find Poppy very hard to play, I know that she can get insane later on but I find she has such a weak early game you really have to be pro poppy to get her there.

Olaf seems like he has a decent early game, his burst also seems a lot easier to pull off because it has some range to it and you don't put yourself in as much danger poking with it.

Hieronymus Bosch

10-06-2012

He's really good at trading in lane.

Despite not having a true gap closer he translates really well into late game because of his ult. With ghost you should be able to stick to the AD carry with no issues.

Basically, true damage and ult

Zorasama

10-06-2012

You need to be a real man to play Olaf

his kit is like : "Fight for your life"

you don't run away

Crow024

10-06-2012

Olaf is pretty boss. He's a lot of fun to play top or in the jungle tho I don't like to jungle with him too much because I suck at tossing his axe.

In lane his E does a ton of true damage for a portion of his health. It really sucks to be a melee champ agains olaf. Trying to farm and getting blasted with true damage.

His ult is great later in the game since you become immune to CC and can just go after whoever.

Marthike

10-06-2012

I can't tell you about Olaf jungle, but Olaf is my main top laner. He wins trades, ignores CC, and sustains himself. He is a strong top laner and one of the few that bring true damage to the game. His role is early-mid game fighter, late game assassin or off tank, although assassin tends to be better. I would say he's worth learning

CryxTryx

10-06-2012

Ok thanks guys, I'll read through some guides and give him a try when I get home from work.