It was at the S2 finals that bruisers everywhere suddenly woke up and realized...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sword Maker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adumbro Deus View Post
This thread existed before dyrus crushed him...
The post he question marked was after dyrus crushed him... learn to tell time.

MathMage

10-06-2012

Right, because Jayce didn't build DBlade --> Bruta --> Bloodthirster+BFS, and Shen didn't build Trinity Force, and the very last World Championships match didn't feature Shy building Irelia with the perfectly standard Wit's + Trinity, and the most recent Sunfire on a top laner wasn't Dyrus losing to an AD-heavy Jayce.

Nah, Season 2 championships definitely proving your point.

Sword Maker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
I think you're right that especially for brusier champions damage reduction is superior gold for gold vs damage. I think by also choosing team comps without a "dedicated tank" the sunfire cape + defense items are also a product of necessity. In my experience bruisers damage scales fairly well off abilities or passives, (Jarvan passive, Irelia true damage, Nasus Q, Jax Ult passive,W etc) so the need for high damage items isn't there, when combined with how they deliver damage; up close and personal the need for damage mitigation is obvious. I suppose i'm not telling you anything OP you don't already know but I thought I would weigh in and add my support.

P.S Ad hominem attacks against the OP do not make his arguement invalid.
No one did ad hominem attacks against him... Dyrus wrecked him with the exact build he described...

Izael Archi Magu

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
why the **** would I ever build maw or damage? Sunfire + full tank.
If you're not building differently per game you're doing it wrong.

In all honesty tanky dps is almost always going to be your optimal build on bruisers, but your build is going to depend on the state of the game.

If you have a clutch Sona and Shen and you're Shyv jung and the enemy team is properly gimped because of your ganks and your lanes are all doing well, you're going to build differently than if the enemy has a fed Graves and your Shen has no gold what so ever and everyone is melting in the team fights.

Zerglinator

10-06-2012

But Sunfire doesn't give me MR.

Tyhan

10-06-2012

But, hashin, I've always done well as bruisers by building even less tanky than most people do. Find the exact amount of survivability I need, hit it, and get tons of damage..!