I am already 17 and my parents still do this... Is this a problem?

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gringo

10-06-2012

The only thing my parents are worried about; is me being out late at night.

Which is fair... I mean like, come on..

Although, ever since I hit a lazy spot I haven't left the house in days.

ownsya11

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhan View Post
You aren't going to be staying at a dorm?
Australia UNI is not like America college. You go home at the end of your lesson.

pramit the great

10-06-2012

my parents used to do this. After win fight, i emerged victorious and now i have free reign over computer

EmrldCitySlasher

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownsya11 View Post
They expect me to do well in school, regardless of my computer usage. I am blasted if I whenever I get anything as low as a C.

Also I don't think light gaming hinders your study... Excessive gaming does, obviously. But I only play 1-2 games per day. Well, used to
I'm blasted whenever I get anything lower than a B =\

Scarlet Flandre

10-06-2012

Quote:
Australia UNI is not like America college. You go home at the end of your lesson.
I now appreciate the PoS dorm I stayed in, sorry op

Gringo

10-06-2012

Quote:
He speaks truth.

But seriously, the internet options here suck. We have the worst internet in the world, lagging behind everybody..

Curse the government, and the NBN not being active in Victoria..

Habimaru

10-06-2012

The most affordable life-style I had ever lived on my own was out in a tent in the forest. Granted, this was within city limits of a place that I liked a lot, had free Wi-Fi everywhere, I could shower for free at the locker-room of the nearby community college, laundry wasn't so bad of a trip (even if I had to take a bus or two to get to the laundro-mat), and I kept the amount of stuff I owned down to a minimum so that I wouldn't have to pay up the wazoo for a monthly storage-unit. Used to live in a car (when I had one).

Also, when I lived in my car, I was working full-time assignments every week, consistently, because of how many different employment-agencies I was registered with, whom I could call up every week for a consistent guaranteed assignment, and my work-history was of such a high enough quality that these agencies would also often contact me about working an assignment, rather than me having to call them every time I wanted to work somewhere.

However, I have come to absolutely despise the extortionist government that wants to tax everybody for every thing under the sun, and refuse to fund ANYTHING that is related to potentially causing people to lose their vehicles simply for non-payment of something (despite the fact that they're hard-working people with perfect driving records). Government always using these 3-lettre acronyms to somehow make themselves sound scientific, like DOT, FTC, FCC, GOV, etc., all of which can be summarily summed up as the SUC (Screw-U-Citizen).

Quote:
I've been pondering that option, problem is I have nowhere near enough money to make a living. My part time job although pays pretty decently, obviously cannot rent a flat and supply food on a daily basis... I am pretty much 100% dependent on them until I graduate and get a proper job

L2p Noob Dnt Rnk

10-06-2012

Quote:
They expect me to do well in school, regardless of my computer usage. I am blasted if I whenever I get anything as low as a C.

Also I don't think light gaming hinders your study... Excessive gaming does, obviously. But I only play 1-2 games per day. Well, used to
Someone told me before : Ur parents want the best for you ! seems like they hassled, but the reality is that they care about you, many people, even if they say, want to have parents who care, but will not tell you, now you're going to college and changed many things, you'll to decide for yourself which is best for you, for now, enjoy the time you have with them, believe me you'll miss them

Tyhan

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmrldCitySlasher View Post
I'm blasted whenever I get anything lower than a B =\
I live with a family of geniuses, I showed an ability to get straight As when I put in the dedication so my mom threw a fit every time I didn't get an A until I went something like 3 years consecutive without a single one because I didn't do most of the homework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xznder BlastRage View Post
Someone told me before : Ur parents want the best for you ! seems like they hassled, but the reality is that they care about you, many people, even if they say, want to have parents who care, but will not tell you, now you're going to college and changed many things, you'll to decide for yourself which is best for you, for now, enjoy the time you have with them, believe me you'll miss them
My life improved a ton as soon as my dad stopped caring.

Fouquet2

10-06-2012

wait will you start doing drugs getting drunk and partying. your parents will wish they had let you play video games instead. enjoy

1234567 ... 10