I am already 17 and my parents still do this... Is this a problem?

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ownsya11

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhan View Post
Sounds like your parents are far too unreasonable and you should cut off all contact with them when you leave for university. Let them stew until summer and then tell them they deserved it when you go back home. That'll teach 'em.
I've been pondering that option, problem is I have nowhere near enough money to make a living. My part time job although pays pretty decently, obviously cannot rent a flat and supply food on a daily basis... I am pretty much 100% dependent on them until I graduate and get a proper job

Emfanever

10-06-2012

Hi son, we'll talk later about this..

Cattington III

10-06-2012

it's very smart of them, you'll be surprised how many people both male and female who are now around the age of 25 who got tricked by paedophile type predators when chat-rooms first became a thing.

Feladorzor

10-06-2012

You are most likely going to become a college-drop out who parties too hard and ultimately become an alcoholic due to the fact that ur parents kept such a tight leash on you that when you turned 21 you had no idea how to control yourself.

Remember this post and 10 years and show it to ur parents.

Hello future ownsya11 and his parents *wave* Good work at screwing up ur son! Maybe you'll do better with the 3rd child.

JoeDerp

10-06-2012

Your ass is theirs until you're eighteen.
Deal with it, kid.

meDeadly

10-06-2012

I had the same problems at home. Obviously it will get a lot better after you moved out. Just think about that.

Pheṇm

10-06-2012

My parents tried to do this to me. I retaliated by being a slob and eating all their food and not having a job or going to school. They soon realized to leave me be, and now I'm in uni studying a Bcs

Intent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Dear Diary.

Tyhan

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownsya11 View Post
I've been pondering that option, problem is I have nowhere near enough money to make a living. My part time job although pays pretty decently, obviously cannot rent a flat and supply food on a daily basis... I am pretty much 100% dependent on them until I graduate and get a proper job
You aren't going to be staying at a dorm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheṇm View Post
My parents tried to do this to me. I retaliated by being a slob and eating all their food and not having a job or going to school. They soon realized to leave me be, and now I'm in uni studying a Bcs
I retaliated against my parents by dropping out of school and refusing to do chores until they stopped being as ridiculous as they were. As soon as I hit 18 I went to get my GED and worked on getting everything ready, but they had lost my social security card. I needed them to get a replacement. They waited almost a year to do it, and my mom *****ed at me every day about how I wasn't taking the GED like I said I would. To this day I have still not taken it because holy **** my mom is ruining my life. I need to move out and have time to not be *****ed out by her every time I leave my room.

My dad also compared me to a school shooter one morning because of my poor attendance. Yeah I was going to go that day, but instead I spent the entire day crying because of the breakdown such an accusation caused.

ownsya11

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xznder BlastRage View Post
They dont want you play, they want your focus on the study, is not bad, they are thinking on your future, u will say thank you some years later
They expect me to do well in school, regardless of my computer usage. I am blasted if I whenever I get anything as low as a C.

Also I don't think light gaming hinders your study... Excessive gaming does, obviously. But I only play 1-2 games per day. Well, used to

123456 ... 10