OT, after years I finally ask for advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeutschMaster

10-07-2012

So. There's this girl (Oh my another one of those threads). She lives fairly far away from me. Not far enough for me to think getting to know her isn't a good idea. Five hour drive, to put it plainly. We've already arranged to spend several days together next month.

However. I feel slightly uneasy, just due to the distance. I've not quite felt this way about a girl in years. It's weird, and hard for me to sort my thoughts. There really isn't too much going for me where I live, and for this reason depending on how well things go - thus far amazing -relocating to simplify things doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Don't get me wrong though, I love where I live. My friends are great, and living is easy. It just feels so good to feel this sort of happiness again. Help me.

Revanence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Seems like you've got this figured out. Whatever makes you happy bro. Don't be afraid to step up and do what you need to make your life more complete.

Jesus the Friend

10-07-2012

It's fake.

One of the problems with long distance relationships, even semi long, is that you don't spend enough time together, you are only together long enough to enjoy each other but not long enough to get sick of each other.
In between visits, you will begin to desire the other and relish every second when that desire is finally sated.

Basically, what you are going through is extremely common.
Don't get your hopes up.
Do NOT relocate.
Get her to relocate, that way if things come crashing down, you won't take two massive life hits consecutively.

SmokingJoeNL

10-07-2012

Enjoy it for what it is. Couple of days of ****ing every now and then is how I would see it.

Chicago 777

10-07-2012

Just move closer to her life is all about taking risk's.

/Yolo

Yummy Blueberry

10-07-2012

dude, it feels good now. but trust me either you wont like her that much or she wont like you that much after a while.

It could even be fifteen years. You could move there, get married, have kids.

Boom. divorce

And you moved for what, bro? This sh*tty life that you have now? She took the kids, and you're paying five k in child support every month.

She takes your dog, the only companion you thought you still had. Now you dont even have your dog.

You decide you have nothing left. Boom, suicide.

All because you decided to relocate.

badcookie

10-07-2012

moving for another person is never a good idea. moving for more opportunity; romantically or financially or education wise, is.

Elan Tedronai

10-07-2012

Don't move just for the girl. If you make the move make sure it makes sense to you if the girl weren't in the picture. Then, if it doesn't work out, you've still made the right decision.

Sailor Cosmos

10-07-2012

Do what you want. If it doesn't work out, at least you can say you tried. There will always be failures in life, don't let the POSSIBLE negatives discourage you, unless you want to be discouraged.

However, you should devise a plan B if things don't work out. Have extra cash saved, have a living situation prepared, etc.

My brother met his fiancee on WoW. After a year or so into their relationship (they had visited each other two or three times) she moved here, to Illinois, from Florida. They've been together now for about four years.

Also, it doesn't matter if you met the girl online or in person. ALL relationships have the possibility of failure.

c4lm

10-07-2012

meh I live 4 hours from my girlfriend. Just makes cheating on her easier.

JOKES. Long distance depends on how mature you are, I'd to long distance until you both have a mutual reason to move.