Thank You CLG, Dignitas, and TSM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mjaxon

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikegabriel View Post
Esports isn't going to develop here. There is simply too much emphasis in this country on physical sports. For esports to ever be able to compete they would have to go up against things like football, basketball, or baseball.
Hate to break it to ya, but people in Asian countries also like physical sports a lot more than e-sports. The best Korean baseball players are much more popular than any professional gamer in Korea.

Demosthenes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by badness View Post
i like how this guy speaks as if he knows how much money the teams are receiving from their sponsors. He also completely leaves out the fact that these teams get a lot of money from their website traffic. Both tsm and clg either bought or are renting MANSIONS. If the cost of living was so great, they wouldn't be able to afford bringing their girlfriends over for a free ride. They'd be doubling or tripling up on rooms in a much smaller house. You make horrible assumptions despite the info that is available to you and make statements on other things that you have 0 info on.
Hello child #2, as it turns out Curse didn't buy or rent ****, their manager is a millionaire, and it's his place. They are all getting a free ride.

The TSM house is not a mansion, and if it was paid for by money made from gaming at all, it was likely from streaming money, as that's where the majority of their income comes from which they have stated many times. Same with CLG, Hotshot has been the most popular streamer for years now, and it's where most of his gaming income came from.

Kaolla

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
Hello child #2, as it turns out Curse didn't buy or rent ****, their manager is a millionaire, and it's his place. They are all getting a free ride.
you know what it's called when someone gives you a free ride?

sponsoring

Demosthenes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHomo View Post
oh no that's VERY scientific of you, we don't need real data we'll just keep hearsay as a valid source of information and base all our hypothesis off that

NO PROBLEM

"not enough to live on" can mean "not enough to afford payments on my NSX, my 4 bedroom 2 garage house with pool, live-in maid, the dinner parties i throw..."

come back with real data or shut up. that's all
I'm sorry I didn't realize you were mentally handicapped until just now. Sorry for arguing with you. Want some crackers?

Kaolla

10-06-2012

Quote:
I'm sorry I didn't realize you were mentally handicapped until just now. Sorry for arguing with you. Want some crackers?
hey, you said you were going to leave like 3-4 pages ago.

Demosthenes

10-06-2012

Quote:
hey, you said you were going to leave like 3-4 pages ago.
Sorry, I should have said handi-capable! And a herp derp poop fling to you too good forum troll!

Kaolla

10-06-2012

Quote:
Sorry, I should have said handi-capable! And a herp derp poop fling to you too good forum troll!
you live a life of convenience don't you? everyone that wins an argument against you is a forum troll

*yawn* <stretch>

oh well

badness

10-06-2012

Quote:
Hello child #2, as it turns out Curse didn't buy or rent ****, their manager is a millionaire. They are all getting a free ride.

The TSM house is not a mansion, and if it was paid for by money made from gaming at all, it was likely from streaming money, as that's where the majority of their income comes from which they have stated many times.
so you're going to tunnel that i called it a mansion and completely disregard the fact that both tsm and clg have houses that are MUCH bigger than they really need. On top of that, it's not curse's "manager" that owns that house. The owner of curse owns that house and as the owner of curse, curse technically DID buy the house and the league of legends team uses it. Despite what the majority of their revenue comes from, the fact still remains. They didn't stream for months. Their time streaming doesn't cut into their practice time, because if it did, WE'D SEE THEM STREAMING. Herpa derpa.

Superbone1

10-06-2012

Quote:
'murica doesn't have the dedication to put in 16 hour days

it's not hyperbole when people say the asian teams eat sleep drink and breathe the games they play. if you can't match that drive, how do you expect to win?

no. the asian teams will all live together in a one bedroom apartment if they have to and still get the practice in. it's not sponsor money that's stopping the american teams from performing, it's ambition
So what you're saying is, American teams should just stop making money? That's moronic.

badness

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbone1 View Post
So what you're saying is, American teams should just stop making money? That's moronic.
LOL how the hell did you come to that conclusion? He said that asian teams have the drive and dedication to be the best and you come around and interpret that as american teams shouldn't be able to make money? wtf ROFL.