Thank You CLG, Dignitas, and TSM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spikegabriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHomo View Post
same type of idiot that thinks poker is a sport and should be on ESPN

i rest my case
Yet again another post without addressing the main part of the post. I get that you are trying to troll (even if you are bad at it), but you really are making yourself look like a moron.

Demosthenes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

I assume nothing, but I infer rather accurately, I assume.

Demosthenes

10-06-2012

Quote:
again, assume i don't know what i'm talking about, proceed to lecture me about same

that's strawmanning

you still haven't come back with sponsor dollar amounts. at this point you have nothing useful to say except baseless character attacks.

you're just making yourself look bad
I owe no burden of proof to you. Pro teams have said over and over sponsors don't pay diddly squat. If you have some proof that this is false, please show your proof or shut the **** up.

Kaolla

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikegabriel View Post
Yet again another post without addressing the main part of the post. I get that you are trying to troll (even if you are bad at it), but you really are making yourself look like a moron.
i don't need to address anything, you have made the absurd assertion that a game tournament is like a physical sports tournament

now if you had said it's like a CHESS tournament or something in that vein you might be a little closer to reality

"the 5 foot 4 chinese guy could run just as fast as the 6'2 jamaican, he's just not trying hard enough he needs to practice more"

yes this is the type of argument you bring to the table. nonsense

Rovos

10-06-2012

I wish I had a jar to collet all these delicious TSM d*ckriding fan tears lol.

Kaolla

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
I owe no burden of proof to you
sure you do, you said it can't be done on the amounts they get without knowing AT ALL what they get.

you're making an assertion with no data to back it up. i'm calling you on it.

prove that the point you're making is true. go ahead

Phenomenomnomnom

10-06-2012

Americans are stupid, duh. We aren't raised to have a high mental capacity and our government wants to limit critical thinking so we don't realize how ****ed up they're being to us and the whole world. I am a proud American, of course, but I am no where near stupid enough to not realize how dumb as **** we are as a nation. God damn, we are stupid. This is why we will always lose to these disciplined, more intellectual, nations.

Demosthenes

10-06-2012

Quote:
sure you do, you said it can't be done on the amounts they get without knowing AT ALL what they get.

you're making an assertion with no data to back it up. i'm calling you on it.

prove that the point you're making is true. go ahead
That's like asking me to prove that gravity pulls down. It's common knowledge that sponsor money in NA is a pittance, and unless you can prove otherwise, there's no point in arguing about whether the sky is blue or not. As far as I'm aware, no teams have shared exact sponsorship numbers. They probably are not allowed to do so. However unless you're calling every north american pro to ever play esports who's ever been sponsored a liar, the money is not enough to live on. Derp. Keep ****in that chicken though buddy.

badness

10-06-2012

Quote:
Computer peripherals and a few thousand bucks really don't go far with a landlord. You are vastly overestimating what sponsors pay NA teams. The biggest NA teams have, from the start, made most of their money off streaming, which is part of the reason they have less time to practice.

And, maybe you didn't really grasp it when I said it before but, you're not allowed to live 12 people in one loft in north america. The land lord would kick you out.
i like how this guy speaks as if he knows how much money the teams are receiving from their sponsors. He also completely leaves out the fact that these teams get a lot of money from their website traffic. Both tsm and clg either bought or are renting MANSIONS. If the cost of living was so great, they wouldn't be able to afford bringing their girlfriends over for a free ride. They'd be doubling or tripling up on rooms in a much smaller house. You make horrible assumptions despite the info that is available to you and make statements on other things that you have 0 info on.

Kaolla

10-06-2012

Quote:
That's like asking me to prove that gravity pulls down. It's common knowledge that sponsor money in NA is a pittance, and unless you can prove otherwise, there's no point in arguing about whether the sky is blue or not. As far as I'm aware, no teams have shared exact sponsorship numbers. They probably are not allowed to do so. However unless you're calling every north american pro to ever play esports who's ever been sponsored a liar, the money is not enough to live on. Derp. Keep ****in that chicken though buddy.
oh no that's VERY scientific of you, we don't need real data we'll just keep hearsay as a valid source of information and base all our hypothesis off that

NO PROBLEM

"not enough to live on" can mean "not enough to afford payments on my NSX, my 4 bedroom 2 garage house with pool, live-in maid, the dinner parties i throw..."

come back with real data or shut up. that's all