If you analyse M5 games played...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coide

10-06-2012

cant u see that WE is going to rape CLG.EU ???

u cant be surprised also that azubu pwned tsm..

why do u think WE qualified directly to quarter finals??? because they won in their regionals.. so they are defiantly good..

IS17950c5e7a0344f6b3010

10-06-2012

their key to victory is to give gosupepper kills! and darien giving the 1st blood.

Disillusion

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxie View Post
By "constantly" you mean they have a 4-2 LAN record, right? The last time CLG.eu played M5 on LAN, they got completely stomped.

Now I like CLG.eu a lot (I'm hoping either they or M5 take the tourney), but M5 have more or less figured out how to beat them.
Game 2 in Poland was a masterclass. Bot inhib turret was the last one standing, and all 5 CLG members were defending it. M5 knew it was a matter of time before someone had to peel off to address superminions entering from the other sides. They waited till Anivia ran out of mana from using her ult to wave clear, and she had to back off also, then just sieged it. They also had a tanky Udyr to just tank the turret if their wave kept getting cleared.

At Dreamhack they couldn't figure out how to break open those defenses, but now I think they do, so the manner of their previous losses to CLG.eu shouldn't happen anymore. They can still lose, but not due to being unable to unlock their base defenses.

I think M5 have really good theory crafters, and they sit together after a loss and discuss what they did wrong and what they have to do to address it the next time.

Disillusion

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coide View Post
cant u see that WE is going to rape CLG.EU ???

u cant be surprised also that azubu pwned tsm..

why do u think WE qualified directly to quarter finals??? because they won in their regionals.. so they are defiantly good..
They got in because of the mass ranking points accrued across the season. However, they've had many roster changes since including 2 or 3 new members recently. They aren't the same team that dominated all season anymore. They also lost 2-0 to CLG.eu at OGN, and to Legion and Curse at IPL.

It remains to be seen how they will match. Perhaps they will have learned valuable lessons from the defeat to CLG at OGN, as Najin Sword must have done. Doublelift seems to think they will beat CLG.eu, and if he was biased at all you'd think he'd be biased in favor of CLG.eu.

I think it's hard to call this one.

Ippiki Okami

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nores View Post

m5 has one of one of the best teamfight coordination but teamfights alone can only carry so far
Wait what ?

Fed ADC vs under fed coordinated team... coordinated teams and coordinated teamfights carry the entire game.

Nores

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippiki Okami View Post
Wait what ?

Fed ADC vs under fed coordinated team... coordinated teams and coordinated teamfights carry the entire game.
If your whole team lagging behind 15k gold its very hard to win the teamfights no matter how good your teamfighting coordination is

Sneax

10-06-2012

I agree about needing a solid roster. I feel like NA's main problem is the elite talent is to scattered across different teams. Each team has 1-2 really strong players, and then people that are in a sense carried by the other people on their team.

I Think NA would stand a chance if there was some consolidation amongst the teams. Every NA team has some weak links

Dig, crumbzz and dominate
CRS westrice elementz and imo SV
CLG NA hard to relaly tell who is just bad or playing worse because of other weak links but HSGG needs to either top or gtfo cuz hes been trash
TSM imo dyrus and regi are weak links relativley speaking.

Everyteam has some dead weight relative to the competitive scene, and it shows.

Crosskillz

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrucshot View Post
You'll notice that M5 has no weak point.

EVERYBODY on their roster plays solidly right down to freaking gosu on support.

When you look at teams like SK or CLG.EU, you have that strong, capable player who is the strength of the team (e.g. Ocelote/Froggen), or you'll have a weak point on the team which doesn't tend to make that much of a difference to the game, or doesn't stand out, or a mix of both of these. Not to say that the rest aren't good, but just don't carry the game like said individual does/can.

M5 really are just ALL good and ALL strong, and not a single player on the team is being carried or usually gets carried.
the games they played yesterday were REALLY WEAK, i dont know what you talking about them being perfect. yesterday they won those 2 games for 1 reason.
they acted like babies would.
you give them a lollipop over and over again and they just gonna take them all.
IG were just giving them free stuff and M5 just said thank you, any other team would've done same thing.
if m5 performed like they did yesterday im 100% sure they would lose to TPA, tsm, clg.eu and frost.
and trust me i dont hate them, i kinda like those crazy russians, specially since they picked zyra yesterday.

Garion

10-06-2012

im pretty sure CLG.eu also demonstrated all their players being very solid in what they do

i mean, most top teams that are currently still in the running, have the attribute of every single player being very well versed in their roles

Sticky Yurple

10-06-2012

Abzuzu frost win all russia suck frost stronkest