Xerath--Can he work ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

10-06-2012

I wouldn't run him over Brand, but I had more success with Xerath in solo q than I was expecting to, so I think he's mostly viable, you just need to be really good with him.

Malah

10-06-2012

The problem with Xerath is that he will absolutely lose to gap closers and magic damage. There's no point trying to outpush him or outpoke him when he'll just clear the wave and run away: jump on his face and slaughter him, then cap his point. Champions who can only survive under the assumption that nobody jumps them are pointless.

Take Akali, Fizz, or Diana against him and he explodes. Quite literally. Plenty of other champions can crush him, but those are the landslides. Don't cower from him, chase him down and slaughter him.

HaIfhearted

10-06-2012

I think a problem most people have with Xerath is that they're trying to get too close to the action with him.
Xerath naturally dies if something gets into his face. That's just how he is.

After playing him a few times I've started hanging back at near-max boosted Q range and only using E as an escape mechanism to stun people who get too close.

Being able to drop near-full DPS from 1300 range is pretty sick.

Harvester

10-07-2012

I play Xerath regularly in the bot lane, occasionally top. He able to kill most enemies bot especially once he hits six UNLESS he is facing a stronger pusher. Another problem is if you overextend as soon as the game begins and the opposing bot just walks up and hits you with everything they've got... The pain...

SuperQuackDuck

10-07-2012

i like to play against xerath as singed.... run in circles around him with your smoke and see where he goes

Squidshark

12-28-2012

whenever i have played xerath on dominion, his early game is kinda trashy top at low levels and he can really only beat champs at bot that are low mobility/squishy/low sustain, so if you xerath bot and you get a teemo or heimer your all set. Also, it is possible to win the lane by yourself if you are really good at landing that q and you harass the other guy while he is under turret or trying to cap. Never had more fun with xerath on dominion then when I kept a guy from capping his point for about 3 minutes just from ranged q's from the fog of war. People underestimate him often, so that is probably one of his greatest strengths.

konfetarius

12-28-2012

Xerath is pretty much the sole beneficiary of the Season 3 penetration changes on the AP side. 66% magic penetration is pretty great - true damage to about 140 MR targets with enough flat pen.

Just need to get some high CDR going, and I would argue level W second over E second.

DiscworldDeath

12-28-2012

I've seen some really great Xerath plays, now and then, in solo queue.

He's better the more you hide behind, so it helps if you have a tanky front line. I've actually seen Flash be useful on him (Revive/Flash), in order to get out of a pinch if people end up closing to you.

But definitely hard to pick up, and the same effort with other champions will often prove as efficient if not more so.

Also, 2 months necro. Guess not that bad.

Orimza

12-28-2012

Ive noticed he nukes anyone without tank level MR at a long distance, but is then useless as a bruiser jumps on him and wrecks him with a black cleaver.

Panzerzs

12-28-2012

Im mentoring a guy in dominion who mains xerath and him and I make an excellent duo
Xerath needs a team to engage and a team that can shake off bruisers and evelyn when they dive xerath. Check this guy, I think ppl will start to fear this guy when he raises to high elo
Disntergrate
And don't judge by the build, It's about teamplay, it's not all about items -.-