Xerath--Can he work ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Defendi

10-05-2012

I believe the general feeling about him is he is pointless without his ulti. He is just not made for dominion. Or is he. You see I am the kind of player who likes to believe I can make any champ work and so ya and so on but I am really doubting myself with this one considering i only have a single refund left on my acc. I have tried him out before, far from impressed and well you know i feel the same way. I have never ever seen him as a real threat even with this ulti....Ok I probably already answered my very own question but I am honestly hoping someone can convince me (not i as a single play that you have never seen or heard from before) would even care.
Thanks for viewing nevertheless!

Yes yes I know I should wait for the next reveal but I am generally in AP carries and after this Syndra mess....

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Xerath is a tough hero to make work. He's fairly squishy despite his passive. If he gets jumped on he just seems to fold. Played really well he can work though. Use the fog of war and bushes and his nice artillery range. You MUST learn the map and the exact range of his spells at all the little various corners. It also helps if you have a tanky type to babysit you. I never recommend playing him bottom - only top.

konfetarius

10-05-2012

Useless when his ult is down, decent when it's up. That's about it.

AlphaFerric

10-05-2012

He plays kind of similar to brand. That said, he doesn't do the same type of aoe, but he gets free pen, much longer range, and I believe his ult is on a shorter cd. He can be decent, its just an issue of needing a lot of cdr early.

A single hat

10-05-2012

Xerath was branded early on as "high skill cap, possibly op, but people will have to learn him". Right now, its been a long time since he was released, and no one plays him at high elo. His problem is that you can do the same thing better with other AP champions. Poke strat hasn't really been too valuable, so his long range isn't that helpful and he has almost zero utility, and not enough damage.

Demonite10

10-06-2012

Xerath can work, not in bot. I like to give him a DFG to make him feel like a quintessential nuking mage, as, well as to address his flimsiness issue for champs that can close the gap on him. I wouldn't say he's useless without his ult...he can't melt anybody/the enemy team without it, but he can still safely interrupt caps and chip away at enemies.

Defendi

10-06-2012

You all pretty much nailed it. My issue is im at 6300-- in a few games and im the only one who just cant sit on it and wait. I learned to never buy a champ first week let alone first patch--you know huge nerf or buff i just generally wait for a free week and altho i have no real interest in him I just would like to believe I am that secret player that can make him viable....In all of the modes--dominion. Eh maybe i will just get him for fun. After all i do have one more refund left so eh.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Xerath is a really strong bottom, and is one of the guaranteed stalemates of the lane. You absolutely cannot take his bottom point without ganks, and even with ganks he can keep you off of taking the point forever abusing his long range.

Other than that though, he isn't as intimidating as other mages are in Dominion. That, and there is this general consensus that he is boring to play.

lbgsloan

10-06-2012

Same issues as Syndra really. Requires too much work for too little payoff. Frankly I would run AP Zilean bot before I trusted a Xerath down there. He's slightly less useless top, but I'd love to hear a good reason to run him over a Brand, Swain, Zyra, Ahri, etc. There are a bajillion mage champions in the game, so it's simply inevitable that some are going to end up unviable. Much like ADCs, sometimes you have to suck it up and metagame instead of playing your favorite if you want to win.

WaterD103

10-06-2012

Personally I think he needs some help in SR too...