Mana vs Energy vs Rage vs Fury

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Threetwoone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

So I have an issue with something.

Some champs use mana and its completely understandable, some use mana and it makes no sense.

Lets compare blade masters, Katarina and Talon.

Kat has no mana or energy and can simply spam spells and only worry about cooldowns. She has an amazing skill set and played well in a teamfight she is amazing because her cooldowns can be constantly reset on kills and assists.

Talon realizes on mana, does less damage than Kat. Very cooldown dependant and has high mana costs. His skill set is very off for being an assassin with only 1 teleport and it cannot be used defensively and it deals no damage itself. He has 1 AoE slow which has a rather short range. Also he has an ultimate that is better saves for a single target assassination or an escape and only fits into 1 role. Counter picking mid lane.

Talon and Kat are considered (lore wise) 2 of the BEST with a blade, but everything seems to favor Kat.

Lets look at champs where Energy is involved. These Champs are generally "ninja" champs. Akali, Shen, Lee sin and a few others. I feel this champs work rather well and everything fits them well. I have no problem with energy, I just think energy should be more widely.

Lets look at Jayce. He himself has no attacks, but rather uses his massive hammer for all his attacks. Does his hammer really run off of mana which is the energy of the body? Shouldn't he be energy because of the hammer based attack?

Slashinghardest

10-05-2012

The game isnt made to make sense others wise master yi couldnt run around with 7 swords and 1 shoe. (phantom dancer x 2, IE , bloosthirsterx2, zerkers. not how I actually build just an example.)

3mptylord

10-05-2012

Then there's Evelynn, who is basically an Energy-Mana hybrid.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Kat has no CC, Talon has a crippling silence. Mana/Energy/Whatever is simply a way to make each character and playstyle feel different so every person has a champion who just suits them so well.

Threetwoone

10-05-2012

But it just doesn't fit the lore and play styles though. Like Darius, he should be energy or manaless. You dont need mana to spin and leap.

Darkaangel

10-05-2012

Think of mana as your endurance to do very exhausting moves. Every time you jump high into the air you become more tired reducing your ability to do powerful moves again.

So mana in this way would suit the characters that havne't built up the endurance to spam their abilties like Talon (who's trained himself to be more stealthy at the cost of endurance) while Kat (who's trained for the endurance to keep using skills forever)

Fiveofswords

10-05-2012

although i dont see why you expect things to follow some mystical logic in this game...i can understnad your issue with talon. I tihnk the idea of mana etc are really just balancing issues...if your champ uses mana then he has less sustain....energy champs for exampel can stay in a lane as long as they want it seems...mana champs have to go back an refuel a lot.