why is "virgin" used as an insult?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D Dragneel

10-10-2012

Its considered an accomplishment for younger boys to have *** with women at a younger age. For example, my Ex-Girlfriend's new boyfriend said a moment his dad would be proud of would be him "screwing" to a Steelers song. Honestly, these people are usually 14 years old (xbox stereotype). If you are getting this "insult" in league i'm shocked i have yet to be "insulted" with that in league myself haha. But i get it within 5 minutes of CoD -_-

Kaalika

10-10-2012

I could say a lot about cultural factors but...

Just be proud of who you are. If you're capable of resisting natural urges at 17 in a mature way you're probably more a man than anyone who uses this as an insult.

Mikard

10-10-2012

I know that feeling, whenever someone insults me as a 12-15 Year old, I have to agree...since I'm 15 myself

Darkvolcan

10-10-2012

I haven't seen it much on LoL, but it is an insult for the wrong reason. It kinda stings when it's true.

The reason it actually hurts people is because of the massive hype there is over getting laid. It's almost a rite of passage for teens now, which, if you haven't gone through, psychologically in this society, you haven't yet become a man or woman or whatever.

OP's right; it really shouldn't matter. I tend to ask myself why I'm so worked up over it, and honestly, there is no rational answer that doesn't end up with conformity.
That's just the society we're stuck in, though. So yeah, it could be an insult. Not so much because it's an offensive word, but because it forces people to reflect. And we know how most people get when they're put in a position where they have to think. They just rage.

Although why so many people let it get to them is a mystery to me. It's the internet. First of all, things like this are expected.
Secondly, and most importantly, people who say those things are usually just projecting their own insecurities.

But still, it does invite a sociological discussion.

Craptain

10-10-2012

fun fact, virgin is oft used offensively by virgins themselves

Spookygrampa

10-10-2012

TL;DR a bunch of circle jerking virgins being upset that they got called a virgin and in turn are saying everyone that has *** has aids because they haven't yet.

The reason people call you a virgin is because it upsets you, the only reason to insult someone is to upset someone and chances are you were talking **** in the first place and it was warranted.

The general consensus is, sexual frustration sometimes leads to anger, which leads to nerd raging, which leads to other people calling you a virgin.

Theorchero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Because, as society would dictate, "tapping dat ass" is something that most "nerds" wouldn't be able to do.

Stereo-typically.

Of course, if you grew up in some of the areas I've seen, you wouldn't touch those women with a 12 foot pole.

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Because people who have had *** feel more accomplished because that is the ultimate goal of any species. It's kind of an alpha-male effect.