Reaching out for help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OliverTuddrussel

10-10-2012

Hey guys, I'm not a new player or anything, so I didn't want to post in the new player forum, but...

I feel as though my ELO is absolutely terrible xD Which it is. I'm not blaming elo hell or anything like that, but I did run into some trolls. but that's fine, whatever.

I've played upwards of 1100 games (Not a lot, I know) and I play all positions, a lot of champions. (And boy am I sick of seeing Ezreal every game)

So anyway

TL;DR

I know I don't suck, but I know I can be a lot better. Can someone with a high (I saw high but I mean like 1600+ xD) help me out? I just want to be proud of my elo. Like duo queue with me, show me what exactly I'm doing wrong?

Add me in game

QQ Bro

10-10-2012

you havent played very many games in ranked yet, so you are pretty new, and your win/loss ratio shows that.

my bet is you are doing one if not all of these things wrong/improperly/poorly

1) csing
2) lane control. freezing/pushing/controling your opponent/harrassing
3) map awareness/warding
4) builds
5) runes/masteries (these are far more important than most players know)

its hard to be specific as i havent seen you play, but id encourage you to get some higher rated friends and watch them play their ranked games or watch streams. i would avoid watching super high elo streams as this is not a realistic depiction of the solo que you will be playing at, and consequently wont help you that much

feel free to add me and spec games/ask questions/chat im usually around and available to help

edit: dont play normal games, they dont teach you anything, and most of the time you develop bad habits from normals that are very hard to break later on. even if you are losing, stay with ranked, it's the only way to improve.

OliverTuddrussel

10-10-2012

Alright so only play ranked? I'll add you in game.

QQ Bro

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTuddrussel View Post
Alright so only play ranked? I'll add you in game.
yes, if your overall goal is to improve at LoL, you wont accomplish this in normal games.

if you just want to have fun, normals are fine, but u wont learn anything

OliverTuddrussel

10-10-2012

The one thing I know I need to work on is CSing, especially as an AP character. I can't seem to find a balance between auto attacking for last hits, and using my abilities for last hits, 'cause I want to save up mana.