Riven's Noxus armor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lumek

Senior Member

10-05-2012

I'm just curious what Riven looked like back when she was still with the Noxus military. Based on her current armor, I imagine it was something like what Darius wears, big heavy armor. But the problem with this is that her style seems to prioritize speed and maneuverability over being heavily armored. While you could argue that Darius is already spinning around a lot with Decimate, Riven's skills grant her a ton of dashes, while Darius' only gap closer is his pull. Am I just over thinking this?

Oh also meant to ask one other thing. What's Riven's hairstyle? her splash art seems to indicate her hair bundled up in the back, possibly knotted or something to that effect, and a lot of fanart shows it as a short ponytail. Her ingame model however shows her hair as a series of hair spikes that randomly form. Was taht a limit of the modeling engine, or is Riven's hair just really bizzare?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-05-2012

See Riven
Make her Symmetical minus the gauntlet.

That's what I assumed she looked like. We should get a Pre-Desertion Riven.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumek View Post
Oh also meant to ask one other thing. What's Riven's hairstyle? her splash art seems to indicate her hair bundled up in the back, possibly knotted or something to that effect, and a lot of fanart shows it as a short ponytail. Her ingame model however shows her hair as a series of hair spikes that randomly form. Was taht a limit of the modeling engine, or is Riven's hair just really bizzare?
As her more recent Battle Bunny Riven does a similar style (but with even more spikes) while there have been other champions with tied-up hair clearly represented as such (such as Vayne ), I'm assuming they were going for broke on her animesque design-style.

I mean like, she's a stick-figure of a young-lady with white hair that uses an enormous sword and, has abilities called Ki Attack and a razor wind Wind Slash, and her designer said she was based on Marth.

An inexplicitly-explained odd-hairstyle just comes naturally from there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samwel93

Senior Member

10-07-2012

i think the thing with her hair being like that is because of her splash being redone like 3 times. If you look at her original art her hair looks a lot more like it just spikes up and not like its held up by anything. they most likely didn't redo her model with her model


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lumek

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwel93 View Post
i think the thing with her hair being like that is because of her splash being redone like 3 times. If you look at her original art her hair looks a lot more like it just spikes up and not like its held up by anything. they most likely didn't redo her model with her model
So...her hair IS supposed to be bound up, but the model just doesn't show it then?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumek View Post
So...her hair IS supposed to be bound up, but the model just doesn't show it then?
I doubt it since, again, her Battle Bunny skin does the same unexplained-spiky hair but with even more spikes.