Give NA teams a break.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vialley

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley R0se View Post
Yet another person who thinks I'm making excuses.

Look, the FACT of the matter is that they weren't ready to go up against new playstyles and strategies. Whether that's because they weren't trying or just weren't born with the capability, the -- I'll say it again -- FACT is that they weren't prepared for that. If they had been, they would have won. Those are the only two possibilities. Either they came prepared to counter the Korean strategy, and won because of it, or they came unprepared and lost. So I'm NOT making excuses, I'm stating fact.

My OPINION is that we have no right to make assumptions or accusations, or give them a hard time about it. Because the vast majority of us will never be as good as they are, even if they didn't win the WC. THAT'S what I'm saying.
You mean the same strategy Dig and Clg were going up against ? or the one that Blaze used to wreck Tsm with with ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kayleorfeed

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSotIS View Post
NA is lacking in top laners.

There. I said it. They are no where near the level of Wickd, Darien, Shy, etc.
dyrus kicked wickds ass in ipl4 btw


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larry Bird

Senior Member

10-05-2012

I want hotshot back at top


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

Member

10-05-2012

TSM needs Dunkey up top.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wise Squirrel

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley R0se View Post
Yet another person who thinks I'm making excuses.

Look, the FACT of the matter is that they weren't ready to go up against new playstyles and strategies. Whether that's because they weren't trying or just weren't born with the capability, the -- I'll say it again -- FACT is that they weren't prepared for that. If they had been, they would have won. Those are the only two possibilities. Either they came prepared to counter the Korean strategy, and won because of it, or they came unprepared and lost. So I'm NOT making excuses, I'm stating fact.

My OPINION is that we have no right to make assumptions or accusations, or give them a hard time about it. Because the vast majority of us will never be as good as they are, even if they didn't win the WC. THAT'S what I'm saying.
Give their opponents some credit. Even if NA had prepared they still MIGHT have lost. Its not like the others aren't human.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashley R0se

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Squirrel View Post
Give their opponents some credit. Even if NA had prepared they still MIGHT have lost. Its not like the others aren't human.

I see your point. But the way I see it, personally, whichever team loses was unprepared in some way, even if it was just that it was an evenly matched game that was lost when they slipped up only once.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mjaxon

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley R0se View Post
Yet another person who thinks I'm making excuses.

Look, the FACT of the matter is that they weren't ready to go up against new playstyles and strategies. Whether that's because they weren't trying or just weren't born with the capability, the -- I'll say it again -- FACT is that they weren't prepared for that. If they had been, they would have won. Those are the only two possibilities. Either they came prepared to counter the Korean strategy, and won because of it, or they came unprepared and lost. So I'm NOT making excuses, I'm stating fact.

My OPINION is that we have no right to make assumptions or accusations, or give them a hard time about it. Because the vast majority of us will never be as good as they are, even if they didn't win the WC. THAT'S what I'm saying.
Even if the NA teams came prepared to counter the Korean strategy, the NA teams still would have lost. Trying to solely pin their loss on "inferior strategy" is the reason why NA teams have lost over and over again on the world stage. The NA teams lose because they simply aren't good at the basics of LoL. Laning without getting caught out of position, csing, team fighting, taking map objectives, etc, etc, are the basic tenets of LoL that haven't changed from day 1, and the NA teams are simply inferior in that regard because they don't spend enough time practicing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashley R0se

Senior Member

10-05-2012

they weren't ready to go up against new playstyles and strategies. Whether that's because they weren't trying or just weren't born with the capability ... they weren't prepared for that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSotIS View Post
NA is lacking in top laners.

There. I said it. They are no where near the level of Wickd, Darien, Shy, etc.
Shame on you for putting Wickd, Darien and Shy in front of MakNoon...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley R0se View Post
they weren't ready to go up against new playstyles and strategies. Whether that's because they weren't trying or just weren't born with the capability ... they weren't prepared for that.
Are you dumb? They did go up against those new playstyles, against Azubu Blaze 5 months ago, and they got stomped, they practiced for 5 months, and just a few hours ago, they got stomped again but by Azubu Frost. What's your excuse now?