Give NA teams a break.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashley R0se

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid Bernkastar View Post
No, you are the one who doesn't know what you're talking about. Your logic isn't exclusive to North American teams; Korean teams, Chinese teams, European teams, etc. had no advantage over global tactics either. In addition, both CLG and Dignitas played abroad for a while.

Stop making excuses for why the NA teams lost. They got outplayed. There's no other reasons.

Not once did I say that there was any kind of excuse for why they lost. I'm saying that we as NON-professional players who probably never WILL be professional (most of us) have absolutely no right or grounds to call them "bad" or whine about them losing.

Way to take what I was saying and run in almost the complete opposite direction with it, idiot.

Ashley R0se

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamwalkerLin View Post
Umm. NA played against a 'new playstyle and strategy' but the same applies for the other team?

New in this case = better and they weren't ready for it.

Stormthrash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

NA sucks compared to rest of the world period it just took the rest of the world a bit of time to get used to the game.

WateryMind

10-05-2012

Lack of discipline, stale as **** meta in NA, limiting themselves to a small number of champs, and relative inability to adapt (thanks to the meta).

Yeah, no wonder NA is out of the running.

And it was K

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley R0se View Post
From what I know (which admittedly isn't much), North American tactics have worked for teams in North America up until this point. How can you blame them for being poorly prepared for a new playstyle and strategy?
Like, yeah, it really sucks that they couldn't keep up. But I'm sure next year they'll have a better idea what they're dealing with and will play accordingly.

Besides, unless you yourself turned down an invite to compete in the world championship, you probably have no idea what you're talking about.
The other teams were well prepared for new playstyles and strategy...

Really, I think NA's problem is just that the teams don't take it seriously enough. They don't practice enough, talk ****, and come to the finals just to fall flat.

Vialley

10-05-2012

Stop making ****ty excuses for them they do practise they do take it serious they just got Rolled because the asians are better at late game teamfighting then they are thats just it outskilled outplayed late game nothing more

nathanphetamine

10-05-2012

because in other countries they actually have truly professional games and have for longer. as interest lvl increases in NA teams will get better

Im a NinJa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Honestly. The reason that NA lost is because of picking/bans, and lack of champion pool.

Also, there are too many op champions in the champion pool right now.

Worst ofthe Best

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormthrash View Post
NA sucks compared to rest of the world period it just took the rest of the world a bit of time to get used to the game.
It's sad because other regions have had the game for less time yet they play better.

Ashley R0se

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vialley View Post
Stop making ****ty excuses for them they do practise they do take it serious they just got Rolled because the asians are better at late game teamfighting then they are thats just it outskilled outplayed late game nothing more

Yet another person who thinks I'm making excuses.

Look, the FACT of the matter is that they weren't ready to go up against new playstyles and strategies. Whether that's because they weren't trying or just weren't born with the capability, the -- I'll say it again -- FACT is that they weren't prepared for that. If they had been, they would have won. Those are the only two possibilities. Either they came prepared to counter the Korean strategy, and won because of it, or they came unprepared and lost. So I'm NOT making excuses, I'm stating fact.

My OPINION is that we have no right to make assumptions or accusations, or give them a hard time about it. Because the vast majority of us will never be as good as they are, even if they didn't win the WC. THAT'S what I'm saying.