Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


As a TSM fan. Just gonna say it

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeMoNGoATxXx

Senior Member

10-06-2012

individual skill only means so much, having a better mindset means a lot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DepressiveMan

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
KrackProphet:
TSM cant compete at a world level. They always get owned at finals.


They get owned at finals so they can't compete? Doesn't reaching the final means they can compete? They lost to maybe the best team in the world, and those weren't stomps, it was two close games, so I'm pretty sure they can compete.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrackProphet

Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
DepressiveMan:
They get owned at finals so they can't compete? Doesn't reaching the final means they can compete? They lost to maybe the best team in the world, and those weren't stomps, it was two close games, so I'm pretty sure they can compete.

They would have lost to most of those teams. Maybe had a chance vs clg/we/ig but I doubt it. They stomp NA, but thats it..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AppleDough

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Larik pwnz:
"everybody could"


They just have to stop being lazy then. I know TSM trained hard, but at the same time, who trained more? I would have trained harder this past 2 months knowing I could win that much money. At least they have a home, sponsors, and a salary (Many teams from each region are getting a 20k salary to play in the Season 3 Series Circuit) to keep them on their feet.

A lot of these players from around the world don't have much, sadly. But it isn't going to stop them from training their hardest and giving their best in this Season 2 final.

More importantly you guys at Riot have a lot of good friends. Wouldn't hurt to make a few more before Season 3 starts. All is fair in love and war. (What am I getting at is embrace world players and learn from them, don't be jealous or shun them, worst case that is)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

10-06-2012

Quote:
zakarul:
He countered himself. It's like the lane between him and westrice never happened. I still have no idea why he did this, game 1 was lost at champ select


If their gank succeeded, he would have been ahead and would have been capable of holding his own. He was nearly even in CS up to roughly 50 and early game is the roughest part.

To answer the questions re: fandom, I chat with many of the pro players and give them encouragement, both online and at events. These guys from all over the world work hard, care a lot and are young - they are impacted by the things everyone says online a lot more than you think.

I try to help them keep some broader perspective so they can be happy and successful - the same thing I do with Rioters.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphariusRising

Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Tryndamere:
.


You're MY President Mr. Tryndamere <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Legendary Cookie

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Tryndamere:
If their gank succeeded, he would have been ahead and would have been capable of holding his own. He was nearly even in CS up to roughly 50 and early game is the roughest part.

To answer the questions re: fandom, I chat with many of the pro players and give them encouragement, both online and at events. These guys from all over the world work hard, care a lot and are young - they are impacted by the things everyone says online a lot more than you think.

I try to help them keep some broader perspective so they can be happy and successful - the same thing I do with Rioters.


Tryndamere for President of USA!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Tryndamere:
If their gank succeeded, he would have been ahead and would have been capable of holding his own. He was nearly even in CS up to roughly 50 and early game is the roughest part.

To answer the questions re: fandom, I chat with many of the pro players and give them encouragement, both online and at events. These guys from all over the world work hard, care a lot and are young - they are impacted by the things everyone says online a lot more than you think.

I try to help them keep some broader perspective so they can be happy and successful - the same thing I do with Rioters.

President Tryndamere.

He is your worst nightmare. And he is the American Dream.

Vote Tryndamere 2012


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS17950c5e7a0344f6b3010

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
tryndamere:
tryndamere


why wont you buff yourself already?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

10-06-2012

And re: TSM overall, game 2 came down to worse ward coverage.

They built a great lead through phenomenal play and then allowed the skarner ganks to catch people due to lack of wards.

If they focus on improving their map awareness capabilities, that will help a lot.

Each team has certain aspects of their game to polish such as:
- Map awareness
- Team fighting
- Laning
- Drafting strategy
- Team composition
- Map objectives
- Opposing team analysis
Etc

As the pro scene continues to develop, each aspect will grow stronger for the teams as they structure their practice regimens more effectively, get professional management, etc.

They'll get there. Korea has had 12 years to develop a well-managed scene, whereas this is really the first time it will be possible in the West.