As a TSM fan. Just gonna say it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Okabe1 048596

10-06-2012

Dyrus plays two games against the top lane player of the team that is easily of the top 4 teams in the world.

He was outperformed in those games.

TSM as a team has NEVER adjusted to foreign ideas in game in a sufficient manner of time.

But yeah, let's look at these 2 games, and the 5 games they lost to Azubu Blaze, as that's the only real evidence we have against him in the past several months, and trash talk him.

stay classy GD

Drewbie

10-06-2012

hes a grown man playing with a ****ing pillow. Thats all you need to know how serious he takes pro gaming

Mortamor

10-06-2012

I feel that TSM as a whole doesn't roll with comps, which is why they lose to other countries' teams.

All the successful foreign teams have a theme with their picks. TSM just seems to play what they're good at in soloqueue.

Vertchewal

10-06-2012

Also being a TSM fan...I was really disappointed with their play. It doesn't seem like they prepared at all. They used the same champions they always use and I'm sure the Korean teams did their research and knew what they were up against. I expected TSM to bring out new strategy and comps, but they didn't.

Gto3222

10-06-2012

Yeah, I mean you just can't give up kills like that and counter-pick yourself 1st game and then give up a huge lead in the 2nd.

Xyltin

10-06-2012

TSM loses vs one of the 2 favorites on the WC title.
Dyrus has to lane against a player that let Voboy look like a 1200 Elo player.

And why did Dyrus lose the games?
Sure he did mistakes, some that were not needed. But the team was able to recover from that.
In the first game it was the 5 man baron call and the tower dive after that. TSM was getting back into the game against a poke comp, but they wanted too much and gave up a lot of towers and extra money cause of that.
Dyrus even came back from his bad early game and did a lot of great things in the tam fights in game one.

The second game was actually a mistake of TOO, Xpecial and Chaox.
Having around 3k advantage but still buying less wards than the enemy, buying no oracle and then, when Karthus has no ult and Chaox has no ignite, they start the initiation onto Taric (withut any real vision there)
That one bad fight was a 2 kill, 1 drake, 1 tower, around 20 CS change => around 3k worth of gold.

Sure, Dyrus should have pressured top more, but that wouldn't have changed the team fights.
And TOO shouldn't take all the kills. Securing a kill is good, taking all the kills is not really needed on Maokai.

It was not up to Dyrus to lose this but to the team.
And picks are not a solo thing, but decided by the team. Sure, the top laner says what he wants, but the team can say "NO".

People have such a tunnel vision.

Fosterisgod

10-06-2012

Alex Ich put it best IMO. M5 is not spending hour after hour on solo queue. Dyrus makes a lot of money on his stream but he's going to have to make a decision as to whether or not he wants to keep doing that or spend more time scrimming top tier teams.

Gto3222

10-06-2012

I think he was in a good place on Epik Gamer I mean epik was a mid range team and he is a mid range player, but he shouldn't be competing with people that are extremely high level players.

Xyltin

10-06-2012

TSM has still a great win rate with Dyrus, what they didnt have with TRM
TSM is still the best NA team. Who should they pick? Voyboy who was supposed to be the best NA top laner and lost actually harder?

There is no better top laner in NA.
Dig and CLG have the other 2 great top laners.
And thats it. Crs has very good ones, but not as solid as Dyrus.

People start to freak out and search for excuses cause TSM lost against a great team. and they didnt get stomped, both games were actually pretty close and one changed decision could have turned the game.

It is no shame to lose against such a strong team.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

10-06-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Disagree. Individual skill wise he can hang with anyone IMO.

Fail gank vs. Jayce and getting wards for better map awareness are quite solvable.