@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rachel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisottoNero View Post
Same post from a red again. When things are actually going to change? It's boring to see these threads pop up every few months just to get the same answer but nothing gets done.
But things are changing, constantly.
Did you see what he said about Diana? I think that's an awesome step in the direction this thread really wants.

Perhaps with the next female champ release we'll see more!

Daemon

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonchief View Post
I really love everything you said in your post and it actually makes me hopeful for the future of the game (I would personally love a crazy barbarian chick), but there is one problem with what you said. You left out an archetype of male champion.

Draaaaaaaaaaven.

Can we please have a female Draven-like character?

His self-absorbed, egotistical, showy personality is awesome.

Adumbro Deus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
stuff praising the op
Just would like to point out something that we were disussing (myself and the OP). Clothes or lack thereof do not truly equate to sexualization.

When talking about sexualization, it's all about the pose and it's REALLY frustrating when a character like fiora has an obviously sexualized pose (the broke back pose specifically because it looks like she's breaking her back to show both breasts and butt) but she's wearing plenty.

The main issue with this assumption is that it creates some rather unfortunate implications about women who dress in a similar manner. In feminist circles, that assumption is usually called sl*t-shaming and isn't looked on kindly, so it's something to keep in mind when discussing this topic.

Remember, the keyword is diversity when it comes to female champs. Not that we can't have sexualized female champs, but they should be consistent in terms of their overall character and there should be male champs who are sexualized other then tango twisted fate.

And yea, as said before, more variety in terms of female champs.

Shaella

10-06-2012

Its not about clothing, its about bodytypes

I miss being a forum celebrity, where are my goddamn downvotes

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-06-2012
3 of 61 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Nobody ever said to stop making hot female champions. We're asking Riot to start making something else for once. Also IronStylus may talk a decent game, but I'll believe Riot's making progress when I see it. Also I have the feeling he still doesn't get the point that female champions don't have to be sexy.
Welp, you'll see it when we release it. I also am pretty sure I know that I know female champions don't have to be "sexy". "Sexy" is actually the worst generalization you can throw around because of all the vast opinions on what is so. My version of sexy is probably a far cry from yours. Please don't generalize or assume to know my preferences. I have a feeling you have no idea what I think.

Tenmar

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Oh hai tenmar, hows the forums been going?
Oh the standard dictatorship it has always been. Except now they forced every account to agree with the summoner's code. Meaning the account option to disagree to turn your forum posts gray is pointless cause it doesn't work. Nevermind the fact that people like Ironstylus even when they volunteered to be player support for the day refused and just demonstrated how terrible they are at basic customer service by not listening to their fellow player's problems.

Shaella

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Welp, you'll see it when we release it. I also am pretty sure I know that I know female champions don't have to be "sexy". "Sexy" is actually the worst generalization you can throw around because of all the vast opinions on what is so. My version of sexy is probably a far cry from yours. Please don't generalize or assume to know my preferences. I have a feeling you have no idea what I think.
Please, we all know what you like

Rachel

10-06-2012

(Leona)

Marcian Tobay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Cross-posting what I put on Twitter...

It makes me happy to see you discussing gender in League. There's a lot of sexism and racism in the character design that gets ground out more and more because you. It makes me happy that we have characters like Leona and Sejuani. Sadly, few discuss race. We have one confirmed character of African descent, and she's the most ignored character of all.

That being said, I strongly recommend looking at Borderlands 2 for a variety of female shapes and personalities.

Ellie, Tiny Tina, Moxxi, Gaige, Maya... all VERY different, all very feminine. All very kick-awesome.

In particular, I'd check out Ellie, as developers have confirmed she was made specifically to threw a curve-ball at peoples' expectations of female character design. You can watch her first scene here.

Stylus, you're the best parrot 'round these parts for a reason, and I thank you for being a part of this conversation. :-)

Shaella

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Oh the standard dictatorship it has always been. Except now they forced every account to agree with the summoner's code. Meaning the account option to disagree to turn your forum posts gray is pointless cause it doesn't work. Nevermind the fact that people like Ironstylus even when they volunteered to be player support for the day refused and just demonstrated how terrible they are at basic customer service by not listening to their fellow player's problems.
Huh
Well i'm having a wonderful time not caring about this game, i'm just here to troll for awhile