@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2 Sentinel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
To sum up this thread:

Make more female champions that look like this:
-x-
-x-
-x-
-x-
-x-
How can you not love Astrid and her weapon obsession?
Lin is a 50 year old woman, yet everyone loves her.

Not like this:
-x-
-x-
-x-
-x-
-x-

Maybe if Riot is feeling extremely confident:
-x-
-x-
Okay, we seriously need some black people in the League....
Thank you for excellent examples of womanhood. My reaction to Lin Bei Fong was "A million times YES!" She is a total badass!

Nyarii

10-06-2012

Quote:
To sum up this thread:

-x-
-x-
-x-
-x-
-x-
How can you not love Astrid and her weapon obsession?
Lin is a 50 year old woman, yet everyone loves her.

-x-
-x-
Okay, we seriously need some black people in the League....

All great and more importantly diverse concepts. Personally, i would love more female monsters/nonhumans also. Earlier in the thread was mentioned Cassi as a hideous naga -- i would play that champion/buy that skin in a heartbeat.

Again, we are asking for more diversity in the human women [see above for awesome examples]. This does not take away from "teh sexy gurlz" already in place. But it would be really nice to have the option of playing women with breasts smaller than her head and a waist that needs more than two hands to circle it.

Nyarii

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
I think i have loved every one of your posts. And i have read every single comment in this 82-page thread. =p

Snx Phaceroll

10-06-2012

More girls should play LoL, thats true. Well tbh even more people in general should

However ive played like 3k games and have never seen anyone abused because of their gender. And really no one in their right mind cares what gender their champion is (besides maybe 12 year olds). I enjoy playing both male and female champions. Why shouldnt girls?

Tbh i dont really understand the point your trying to make. Its just a lot of text that says nothing.

Edit: If its because you think making chicks with big boobs is like sexist or something your very moronic, its an animation sersiously... Besides some characters have like massive 6 packs and us guys dont feel inferior because of it.

L2 Sentinel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyarii View Post
I think i have loved every one of your posts. And i have read every single comment in this 82-page thread. =p
Dang, not even I can claim that. I missed pages 12-30.

Apex Angel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
I hope my post didn't come out as condemning, because that was not my intent. I was disappointed in the way this issue had been handled in the past, particularly my brief exchange with Morello, and the two threads that cropped up basically mocking those of us that actually consider this a problem (with Rioters participating).

On the subject of Zyra and Cassiopeia, I actually agree with you on a personal level, but I was trying to be objective. If I removed those champions, I would also have to remove Varus, because he is grotesque in the exact same way, and Varus stands as the only male champion I find to be sexualized, so it's a double-edged sword.

I strongly appreciate your call for a more civil discussion. Mudslinging gets us nowhere.
Don't worry, my condemning comment wasn't directed at you. I actually upvoted your original post even though I didn't agree with all of it. Hard to have a discussion if you're downvoted into silence.

MathMage

10-06-2012

Quote:
To sum up this thread:

<snip>

Not like this:
<snip>

<snip>
Btw thanks for giving me half a dozen new people to watch on DA.

L2 Sentinel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaceroll11 View Post
More girls should play LoL, thats true. Well tbh even more people in general should

However ive played like 3k games and have never seen anyone abused because of their gender. And really no one in their right mind cares what gender their champion is (besides maybe 12 year olds). I enjoy playing both male and female champions. Why shouldnt girls?

Tbh i dont really understand the point your trying to make. Its just a lot of text that says nothing.
I've seen first hand people mistreat women in game. "We have a girl, gg" and "sigh, just try not to feed" are comments I've seen first had. Besides that, there are several ladies in this thread that have had people harass them based on their gender. It happens more frequently than you know.

This thread is a call for diversity. I knew some girls in high school that started playing Final Fantasy games for the attractive guys in it, and they would talk about crushing on Riku from Kingdom Hearts and stuff like that. People underestimate the appeal a good looking male champion might have on some gamers. At the very least, it wouldn't hurt.

Likewise, I think old ladies are awesome and I want a granny champion, damnit!

Hollowtronix

10-06-2012

This may have already been linked, and is now defunct, but it's a good archive:

http://womenfighters.tumblr.com/

Nyarii

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
Dang, not even I can claim that. I missed pages 12-30.
Clearly i am just more hardcore than you. /flex.

Also, this is from another thread, but i thought it was a pretty good point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
The question Riot needs to answer is,

Can an adult human female champion be "amazing," something they claim all female champions are, without a great body?
I felt that Riven was a good start in that direction, but honestly was disappointed by the playboy bunny skin. Diana seems to be another good step, but it is far overshadowed by Miss Fortune's new whorish splash art, rib-counting huge-breasted new Morg splash art, and Lux's new brokeback splash art. Again really don't see how this is "working on" the issue.

So -can- Riot answer that question about all -- or even most! -- of their adult human women champions?