@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xengre

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
That was in response to you. You were the one who brought up monsters.
You skipped two major points on page 75... I would appreciate that you address them or am I simply wasting my time in this thread attempting to discuss a topic with someone who will ignore what does not coincide with her/his side of the discussion? This is a repeated theme with you.

The Supreme Dirt

10-06-2012

I personally want some sexy skins for male champs.

just sayin'.

/downvotedtohell

Maxnormal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
You think of video games as the last bastion of manliness? That's rather sad.
Yeah, it's very sad that the male gender has become so redundant and frowned upon and unnecessary in this society that competitive gaming and gaming in general has become the last place where young men can feel like they're allowed to act like men.

But that's not what you meant. You were using shaming tactics to try and present my argument in an overly simplified way which you implied to be embarrassing. You're a ****ing piece of **** and a ****ing weasel.

The Supreme Dirt

10-06-2012

What is manliness anyways? I know plenty of effeminate men who i'd call far more manly than some other "tough" guys.

Metabot

10-06-2012

Cry more, honestly. Get the **** over it.

Xengre

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser the Train View Post
What is manliness anyways? I know plenty of effeminate men who i'd call far more manly than some other "tough" guys.
Subject to personal view. There could arguably be a consensus on what is considered manly by majority/or region/world/etc.... but that is an entirely different discussion.

I can also agree with your second sentence.

FrothyWalrus13

10-06-2012

So I thought I would approach this from another angle... bear with me on this story it is relevant.

I work for a large retail chain. During the holiday season we put out a fixture with cards. Now in retail, as you notice thru sales trends that one product is outselling another you buy more of it. You also merchandise items with higher turn rates at eye level or up front, depending on the fixtures used. Several years ago we had a couple of women get very upset because our holiday card fixture A) held more cards featuring white people than black people. and B) The cards featuring white people were higher up on the fixture. Now, this does not mean that we prefer one type of customer over another. This does mean that we were selling significantly more of one sort of card than another and reacted accordingly to increase our profits.

So my advice to you all who want more non-sexy female skins... Buy the ones riot currently sells. Because riot is a business and ultimately listens to what we, the community, say with our dollars more than what we say with our keyboards. I would venture to guess that the skins you are unhappy with probably generate a lot of income.

L2 Sentinel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xengre View Post
You skipped two major points on page 75... I would appreciate that you address them or am I simply wasting my time in this thread attempting to discuss a topic with someone who will ignore what does not coincide with her/his side of the discussion? This is a repeated theme with you.
I've addressed multiple people who do not share my opinion. The difference is they are respectful and civil. You are hostile and condescending. You don't treat my arguments with respect, you don't even address them properly. You put words in my mouth, and talk about things that are irrelevant like "Anivia is old" just to distract from the real issue. So yes, you are wasting your time.

Nyarii

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongofrog View Post
sure have your discussion, but make a stand on something already. What do you want riot to do about it? make a nun skin? make an islam friendly version of the game?
make all the champs male or overly steroidal she-males?
You may have missed it in the [now 80+] pages, but i did state that the solution is pretty simple : introduce more diversity for future female human champion design. Instead of *** kittens with huge breasts and tiny waists, let's try branching out a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrona View Post
No one is saying having a sexually appealing woman is bad. I don't think you quite understood the argument. The problem is the lack of diversity; the fact that as a whole men are portrayed as strong but women are portrayed as sexy, and with the same exact body.

Simply, the complaint is a combination of:
a) The male counterparts of the sexy skins are professional skins
b) There are no counterparts for men where the sole purpose of the skin is fan service, which is the case for the most of the female skins.
c) All women that are portrayed as sexy have the same exact body type

Also, what they want Riot to do about it is also pretty clear given the argument: There is not enough diversity, so it would directly follow that including more diversity in options is exactly what they want.

Mainly, what could be done about it:
a) More diversity in female champion design, like male champions have
b) Sexy skins for the men of league
c) More cool/strong skins for women

Notice how NONE of these options are saying get rid of sexy skins from the game?
This quote is pretty much spot on.

Amethystium

10-06-2012

Not this **** again.