@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
vvvv You are doing an awful lot of projecting. Most of the feminist stuff I've read rejects the notion that children should go to the mother by default, and the rest of your post reads like it came straight from a MRA message board. What do you think of men who claim they are feminist, then?
Yeah, most feminists reject the notion that children should go to the mother by default. But how many feminist advocacy groups spend money or time on accomplishing that? None. Because regardless of what they actually say about equality and so on, feminist organizations are quite transparently advocates for the interests of women. Period. Full stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
But they have never asked for more than equal rights, equal pay, equal treatment, etc.
LOL! O RLY?

In the 1990s, there was hysteria about how girls were underperforming in schools and they needed special programs oriented towards improving their achievement. None of this was based on studies with large sample sizes, double-blind measures, any kind of rigorous scientific testing, and yet the programs pulled in tens of millions of dollars.

Well, almost two decades later we have women graduating college at a 50% higher rate than men. We have women earning twice as many advanced degrees. 3 times as many women graduating law school. And still the programs for helping specifically women achieve academically persist, and are funded by the state. Interesting, right?

You don't have to read those MRA sites to know that modern feminism is completely screwed up. You have the NGOs which are just blind advocates for womens interests above all else, and you have the academic feminists who are abso-****ing-lutely insane. And that, btw, is why so few women self-identify as feminists, because the movement has gone completely off the rails.

L2 Sentinel

10-06-2012

Someone who identifies as a feminist and is unwilling to fight for men when they are being discriminated against is a hypocrite.

chumbler

10-06-2012

^^^^ This.But you have to keep in mind that there are many issues affecting women that take priority, like getting society to stop blaming rape victims for their rape. Custody defaulting to the mother and other forms of discrimination against men (like society looking down on male nurses or caretakers, or distrusting men in jobs involving children, etc.) are also bad, yes, but there's a difference in severity, and advocacy groups have to tackle one issue at a time. Progress is slow, and you have to hit the biggest problems first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurrDurrWarrior View Post
I don't see why it matters what gender you are. The only time I get annoyed by these "girl gamers" are when they state it in the chat. Who cares what gender you are? Just play the game.
- Randomperson
If you don't care about their gender, why are you getting annoyed if they state it? Why would you not get annoyed then if someone announces they are a man? That's not what not caring looks like.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
Someone who identifies as a feminist and is unwilling to fight for men when they are being discriminated against is a hypocrite.
But men can't be discriminated against! Didn't you know?

Here, read this: http://factcheckme.wordpress.com/200...g-as-misandry/

This is a lovely illustration of what writers well within the mainstream of feminism think. I can find you dozens of other popular blogs and even academic writings expressing the same basic ideas.

foxyfennec

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefyLoveLord View Post
I do feel threatened. Women have already overtaken men in the mediun earning, A woman can scream rape at me and I will pay a massive social and economic backlash even if she flat out lies thanks to societies brainwashing. A woman can divorce me and talk half of my livelihood at the drop of a hat, but they whine and complain about how all the "Good men" have gone and i am emotionally stunted because I do not see the value of committing to one. . A woman will get custody of my children pretty much by default due to the pressure they have waged on society, even if she is an unfit mother.

I don't feel threatened because they are women, I feel threatened because my human rights and the perception of equality are being further chipped away at day in and day out. I am painted by default as a rapist waiting to happen because I am a tall man and physically intimidating.

I am profiled and judged based on MY gender far more then i see any woman judged these days, in media or law. So yes, i do feel like feminism should start doing something for the equality it "supposedly" preaches. It won't however, because it has never been about equality. It has been about female advancement and always will be.

The nerve to say that "FEMINISM" a word that references the female gender is equality is stupid, if a man came in here and chauvinism was equality? You'd laugh at him. No, feminism is not equality and it does not reflect highly on you for blindly following it. But hey, I'm just a man and not capable of understanding or empathy. I must simply be misinformed, i wouldn't come to the conclusion that I don't like what your movement stands for unless I was a hateful male pig that didn't know any better right?
I see where you're coming from. I hate the word feminism because of all the negative connotations like that.

For example I think mandatory maternity pay is ridiculous because it cripples and could bankrupt any small business (what it's designed for).

Most men are more interested in *** than marriage from what I find Which is why I've committed to not giving it out unless someone marries me. It's a trap too many people fall into. You can't really know if you really like someone enough to marry them if all the extra feelings from getting intimate get in the way and cloud it all. You could so easily get carried away and marry the wrong person then.

That's how to avoid divorce. Another way to avoid divorce is to keep courting. Keep doing nice things for eachother. Feelings of sentimentality come with acting out of love. I see so many people being like "I don't feel the same anymore". It's because they don't love (with actions) eachother anymore. Start that up again. Believe it or not love is a choice. To do something good and look out for someone you have to choose, sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's hard. The need to love your enemies can even come into play with your spouse sometimes lmao.

I believe the want of women to have equal opportunities (within reason) was hijacked by people with an agenda to destroy the family. I say within reason because of things like soldiers. I for one know I couldn't carry a wounded male soldier off the battlefield for example lol.

We're really deviating from the topic here though

But yeah men being emasculated by string pullers in society mean they can take more control over us. Tis sad!

RyuthK

10-06-2012

The over sexualized male champions made OP feel bad about his body? Wow really? Does he know its just a game?

As for female summoners picking more neutral gender champs umm ok? I don't think that makes a difference, I'm male, and play female champs.

The problem with sexism in the game is trolls. You know the ones that say females suck, or if you announce your a female your an attention *****. Which makes me wonder why the female summoners would even care what these sad individuals think. Their ****ing trolls who gives a ****. Their forever alone.

foxyfennec

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurrDurrWarrior View Post
I don't see why it matters what gender you are. The only time I get annoyed by these "girl gamers" are when they state it in the chat. Who cares what gender you are? Just play the game.
- Randomperson
Maybe we state it when people are like "bro this" or "bro that" :P

Nasty Neighbor

10-06-2012

They don't dress like strippers because a stripper would not have clothes on to begin with.

And no fat chicks allowed it's rule 1 of the summoners code.

msgerbs

10-06-2012

Welcome to the Internet. There's nothing riot can do about that.

msgerbs

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyfennec View Post
Maybe we state it when people are like "bro this" or "bro that" :P
Then stop being dumb? Who cares if somebody used "bro"? If you don't want attention drawn to yourself, don't draw it to yourself.