@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2 Sentinel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrona View Post
No one is saying having a sexually appealing woman is bad. I don't think you quite understood the argument. The problem is the lack of diversity; the fact that as a whole men are portrayed as strong but women are portrayed as sexy, and with the same exact body.

And yeah, sexy skins sell. No one is arguing against that or saying that it is a bad thing, so your points are not relevant to the argument.
Simply, the complaint is a combination of:
a) The male counterparts of the sexy skins are professional skins
b) There are no counterparts for men where the sole purpose of the skin is fan service, which is the case for the most of the female skins.
c) All women that are portrayed as sexy have the same exact body type

I mean, it is fairly clear that the argument is that the ideals for genders are extremely different and that it makes many people uncomfortable. No one is arguing that sexy skins are bad inherently, so why are so many people arguing against this point and completely ignoring the bigger picture? Could you all at least read the original post?

Also, what they want Riot to do about it is also pretty clear given the argument: There is not enough diversity, so it would directly follow that including more diversity in options is exactly what they want.

Mainly, what could be done about it:
a) More diversity in female champion design, like male champions have
b) Sexy skins for the men of league
c) More cool/strong skins for women

Notice how NONE of these options are saying get rid of sexy skins from the game?
This sums things up pretty well.

BeefyLoveLord

10-06-2012

Women should not feel threatened by polygons. Its like the US has totally freaked out over any sexuality present in design or games in general that doesn't fall into their ritualized fapping/shilicking seasons. And its pitiful.

I would also like to point out the disgusting double standard present in the fact that so many male characters are bare chested, while no female characters are.

Karzoug

10-06-2012

See, here's the thing: Most people who play LOL are males. LOL is all about profit. Therefore, why should RIOT cater to your opinion win they make money off of sexualizing women? Are you trying to sway a corporation's "morality"? Cause that doesn't work. Ever.

L2 Sentinel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittor View Post
Why not advocate for Equalism and/or Humanism? Seems to be a much better cause then just focusing on Feminism, which seems to push more for the pendulum to swing in their favor rather than have things actually be even.
Feminism is synonymous to Equalism and Humanism. The message has always been about equality.

BeefyLoveLord

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
Feminism is synonymous to Equalism and Humanism. The message has always been about equality.
Every time I hear this stupid claim its toxic to my life experience.

Feminism has always been about the advancement of women. Call me when feminism gives a rats ass about men as human beings and not the boogeymen of history. Or better yet, go watch some GRW and see if you still support feminism in place of Humanism/Equalism.

chumbler

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefyLoveLord View Post
Every time I hear this stupid claim its toxic to my life experience.

Feminism has always been about the advancement of women. Call me when feminism gives a rats ass about men as human beings and not the boogeymen of history. Or better yet, go watch some GRW and see if you still support feminism in place of Humanism/Equalism.
Try learning about feminism from sources other than Fox News and MRA websites. Feminism is very concerned with what traditional gender roles and their enforcement does to men as well as women.

Zetasphere

10-06-2012

Quote:
Except two genders means the scales are inherently unbalanced. You cannot have equality because males and females are inherently not equal. This isn't a discussion about access to rights, as that should be a complete non-issue. Whether or not the art in a video game is sexist or not has absolutely nothing to do with equal rights. It just doesn't.

Please understand that simply because there is inequality in this instance does not mean that one gender is better or worse than another. It's not about winning or losing. But understanding there is a built- in difference between genders is absolutely essential in understanding people.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
They like that Riot caters to the majority (straight white male). Any time someone makes a perfectly valid point about sexism, they are met with massive downvotes and malicious comments.

How has Riot endorsed this attitude? While Iíve never witnessed a Riot take part in burning these feminists at the stake, they do dismiss these topics. I made a post about how human female champions are treated differently than human male champions, and Morello pointed out that I ignored counterexamples like Lulu, Tryndamere, Riven, etc. and therefore my point was invalid. I attempted to reengage Morello in conversation, but it he had moved on to other questions. Meanwhile, Iíve seen two threads this week mocking the entire conversation, each attracted three red posts joining in.
Riot is a company of straight cismales selling a product intended to appeal to straight cismales. For them, by them. End of story. You're completely right that their attitude is overwhelmingly dismissive and on the side of the reactionaries who practically foam at the mouth when you bring up gender issues. And I really doubt anything is going to change that.

Not even this thread. Sorry.

BeefyLoveLord

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Try learning about feminism from sources other than Fox News and MRA websites. Feminism is very concerned with what traditional gender roles and their enforcement does to men as well as women.
How typical a response. " He must be ignorant about our movement." I see no enlightenment to be had here. You're a mouthpiece of your movement with no mind of your own.

foxyfennec

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

'Men' are great actually. I would gladly marry and be quite subservient. However if I get a job, I want the same pay as a man for the same work, and the same promotion prospects. Men are on average paid a lot more for the same jobs.

I also don't want to be treated as a *** object.

There was a story a few months back about a guy in Somalia treated like a *** object by his 6 wives (No man can serve two masters, only one should be allowed ;p). He had a heart attack and died. See what it's like if men are treated the same way?

Takes a lot to be a man though Anyone who gets drawn in by sexy LoL skins loses my vote on being a man.