@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TovnmLoL

10-06-2012

Oh boy, a large wall of text. I'm not going to read it but just because it has lots of big words i will upvote it.

BriMann

10-06-2012

Men are more attracted to looks while women prefer less physical things as much as physical so its kind of hard. I'm pretty sure some of the female players would be more attracted to twisted fate or a decent looking male champion in a tuxedo or something compared to going around in skimpy outfit lol. I'm a guy but from personal experience this is just what i experience. The champions are meant to be perfect people thats why the guys are rediculously muscled and the girls are impossibly proportioned. They arn't meant to portray real people.

Adumbro Deus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongofrog View Post
If the girl gamers get all offended by the way the skins look...why do they dress like it IRL?

Its like getting pissed when a guy sees you in your underwear then throwing on a bikini....whats the difference.

Damn feminism ruins everything.

Soon we'll all be playing Grogas and a new fat champ named Catholic Nun.
It's not the clothes, it's the posing.

Example.

And unfortunately that's a major part of the issue when guys bring up these complaints, because most equate "few clothes" with sexualized when the reality is, that's just a less extreme version of the argument that islam makes towards exposure of say the ankle.

That's why fiora's classic skin art is sexualized, but akali's isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eletale View Post
IronStylus also drew Sejuani, be it that he likes her style or not. Him being apparently feminist doesn't change the Riot Games Inc. business strategy for target market.
Sejuani isn't sexist in the least.

Logios

10-06-2012

Can this retarded topic get it's own subforum or something? I come to GD hoping to discuss the game but half the god damn threads are "OMG, BOOBS 2 BIG, FEMALES TOO PRETTY!!!!1111ONE". Idiots take some psyc/sociology 101 and think they actually know something.

bongofrog

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adumbro Deus View Post
It's not the clothes, it's the posing.

Example.

And unfortunately that's a major part of the issue when guys bring up these complaints, because most equate "few clothes" with sexualized when the reality is, that's just a less extreme version of the argument that islam makes towards exposure of say the ankle.

That's why fiora's classic skin art is sexualized, but akali's isn't.

Sejuani isn't sexist in the least.

So what you are saying is that Riot needs to suppress natural male urges? If you will Eons upon eons of evolutionary development?

I am a Male. I am married and I have 2 girls. A 5 year old, and A 3 year old. I would kill a man with my bare hands in the most violent of ways if someone touched one of them in an inapproprate manner. HOWEVER I also understand that someday just as i did my wife, will find one of them sexually appealing. NOT because men are pigs, and perverts, but because that is how we men are wired.

The sexy skins sell. The nuns don't.

that said if I ever get akali will not ever the the sexy nurse skin because its retarded.

If you must have an example in history Males have often gone to war naked. Or wearing not much more than a loin cloth.

sure have your discussion, but make a stand on something already. What do you want riot to do about it? make a nun skin? make an islam friendly version of the game?
make all the champs male or overly steroidal she-males?

Its a game. A game where little girls are equal to Spartans. Just move on.

Adumbro Deus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongofrog View Post
So what you are saying is that Riot needs to suppress natural male urges? If you will Eons upon eons of evolutionary development?

I am a Male. I am married and I have 2 girls. A 5 year old, and A 3 year old. I would kill a man with my bare hands in the most violent of ways if someone touched one of them in an inapproprate manner. HOWEVER I also understand that someday just as i did my wife, will find one of them sexually appealing. NOT because men are pigs, and perverts, but because that is how we men are wired.

The sexy skins sell. The nuns don't.

that said if I ever get akali will not ever the the sexy nurse skin because its retarded.

If you must have an example in history Males have often gone to war naked. Or wearing not much more than a loin cloth.

sure have your discussion, but make a stand on something already. What do you want riot to do about it? make a nun skin? make an islam friendly version of the game?
make all the champs male or overly steroidal she-males?

Its a game. A game where little girls are equal to Spartans. Just move on.
You don't seem to be understanding what I'm getting at.

We have a large and growing female audience already, they should be marketed to as well from a business standpoint and it would also assist in making the culture of the game less prone to discourage women from becoming highly invested in it.

In light of this, what I'm arguing for is:

1. Limit sexualization of female champs to characters it's appropriate for, fiora for example, her broken back pose makes no sense whatsoever. This is regardless of state of dress of the champ.

2. More variety in the female champs in terms of body types, backstories, etc.

3. More male characters where sexualization fits with their character and then sexualize them. We currently only have 1 male sexualized champ for one of his skins, tango TF.

jakeolantern5683

10-06-2012

they're working to get more diverse females, they said they messed up in the past and are working to change it, just give 'em some time, sheesh

lemonchief

10-06-2012

@ OP: As a male feminist (incoming downvotes) I would honestly like to see more female champions like Diana who, while not unattractive, are not sexual objects. For most female champions, I simply buy the skin that is most appealing to me and more often than not, that skin has the most clothing on it. I'm not a prude and I absolutely appreciate the female form, but sometimes it's hard to take MF seriously as a bad-ass bounty hunter when she looks like a stripper. Or Sejuani as a merciless bad-ass bent on taking over the throne, when she is wearing a bikini (and a helmet).

With all of this being said, I can honestly say that the only skins that offend me are battle bunny Riven, cowgirl Miss Fortune, and Sheriff Caitlyn. Riven is an absolute bad ass. She chose exile and was the example of Noxus before that. She holds an enormous sword with one hand. And she's a playboy bunny? The other two skins are offensive because....well...just look at them.

I don't have a problem with a female character being flirty or sexualized, so long as it fits with their character, like Cassiopeia (who was a temptress) or Ahri (also a temptress....in a different sense), but it gets stale to see every character look like a temptress, especially when it doesn't make any sense for their character.

Fate Ninja

10-06-2012

According to the third wave feminism movement, being sexy can be an empowering thing for females.

Get over it.

Darkwahn

10-06-2012

Fuck I hate this subject. People who think league oversexualises females need to give themselves a quick shotgun mouthwash.