Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BerserkSheal

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
madjai:
By all means, give them more fuel for the fire. You act as if having a ****** is a handicap. I'm not even sure if you're trolling or just an attention *****. And why are you even sharing first names over chat if you genuinely have zero interest in the other people around you. Show some tact in the situation or alternatively use Skype and talk about your gossip there.


I think we should ignore her, it's pretty obvious she doesn't want to have sexist remarks made against her but in no part does anything to negate it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xStrawberryKitty

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
madjai:
By all means, give them more fuel for the fire. You act as if having a ****** is a handicap. I'm not even sure if you're trolling or just an attention *****. And why are you even sharing first names over chat if you genuinely have zero interest in the other people around you. Show some tact in the situation or alternatively use Skype and talk about your gossip there.

I don't know why you're getting offended with my posts.
I'm just saying how I shouldn't have to be harassed about it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StunnedandSlayed

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
IchigoKitty:
xD. Jeeze.. Every sentence?
I don't have Skype, and I don't really need to download it anyways. If I can chat in-game then I'll do so.


It sounds like you are probably against it, but i'd highly reccomend skype if you wish to have a social conversation with your friends while playing. Its honestly just alot easier to say thing then type them.

Plus that way the in game chat can be saved for more important task such as ss, at drag, go to baron that sort of thing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krejdar

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
BerserkSheal:
I think we should ignore her, it's pretty obvious she doesn't want to have sexist remarks made against her but in no part does anything to negate it.


Considering she's obviously never going to get the point, I agree 100%.

+1 for you, good sir,


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krejdar

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
LuckyLurch:

Plus that way the in game chat can be saved for more important task such as ss, at drag, go to baron that sort of thing.


This.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA461

Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Krejdar:
Considering she's obviously never going to get the point, I agree 100%.


It's definitely a female then.
Or Leonardo DiCaprio. Damn good actor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krejdar

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
emailsupport548:
It's definitely a female then.
Or Leonardo DiCaprio. Damn good actor.


Now see that comment is slightly offensive as I'm a female but I greatly understand the point everyone (including myself) is trying to make her understand.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

madjai

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
IchigoKitty:
I don't know why you're getting offended with my posts.
I'm just saying how I shouldn't have to be harassed about it.


I'm not offended. I just think you're crazy for thinking you're above anyone else in this game lol.

Think of it this way, in the Terms of Service, you abide by the code of conduct when using the chat service right? Meaning that ANYTHING you say in the chat service is of no consequence, misdemeanor or for ANYONE ELSE TO GIVE A FLYING INFESTED **** because it's just posted chat. That's all it is. It should be used for in-game communications and not gossip. There are people that have been taken to the tribunal over spamming for that same reason. In your case, you just try to believe that you, because you're a girl, are above any other person in this game, because you don't have a 3rd leg. I'm here to tell you, that you are just as much a part of the pecking order as anyone else.



As you said, people can rage at you for being a terrible player, and you should accept it thusly, but if you want to fuel it by asking them to not hurt your little e-feelings because you're a girl, then maybe this isn't the game for you, and neither is any other multiplayer game with a heated competitive background.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xStrawberryKitty

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
madjai:
I'm not offended. I just think you're crazy for thinking you're above anyone else in this game lol.

Think of it this way, in the Terms of Service, you abide by the code of conduct when using the chat service right? Meaning that ANYTHING you say in the chat service is of no consequence, misdemeanor or for ANYONE ELSE TO GIVE A FLYING INFESTED **** because it's just posted chat. That's all it is. It should be used for in-game communications and not gossip. There are people that have been taken to the tribunal over spamming for that same reason. In your case, you just try to believe that you, because you're a girl, are above any other person in this game, because you don't have a 3rd leg. I'm here to tell you, that you are just as much a part of the pecking order as anyone else.

As you said, people can rage at you for being a terrible player, and you should accept it thusly, but if you want to fuel it by asking them to not hurt your little e-feelings because you're a girl, then maybe this isn't the game for you, and neither is any other multiplayer game with a heated competitive background.
Excuse me? I do not believe I am above anybody else in this game. You are acting as if I go into every game flaunting I am a girl. If you believe that you are sadly mistaken. You are also assuming that I use it for gossip. That is also not true. I don't expect sympathy for being female I expect to be treated as the other noob in the match with me, doesn't matter if they find out or not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

madjai

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
IchigoKitty:
Excuse me? I do not believe I am above anybody else in this game. You are acting as if I go into every game flaunting I am a girl. If you believe that you are sadly mistaken. You are also assuming that I use it for gossip. That is also not true. I don't expect sympathy for being female I expect to be treated as the other noob in the match with me, doesn't matter if they find out or not.


So now you're just tripping over everything you said in the past 10 posts.

What I mean to clarify about the chat and the ToS is that: Anything you say in it is under scrutiny of your peers. It's part of the summoners code to do so and you put yourself on display by posting in chat. This quote becomes a good reference: "It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool, rather than to open it and remove all doubt."

Put up or shut up. Simple.