@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA461

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkSheal View Post
Someone being sexist to you as a female player? Report, and mute. Don't sit there and read every line of what the idiot is saying, know you're better then them.
Chances are though, you aren't.
Most humans are trash.

League Logic

10-06-2012

I don't recall ever telling anyone that I'm male, so why should girls care if we know that they are female? At what point while playing the game is it necessary to reveal that?

This isn't about alienation of women - it's about women deliberately separating themselves from the faceless crowd of players, and then being surprised when they get flamed. It's the internet; give anyone a reason to mouth off, whether it's revealing your gender or saying your favorite color, and they will.

Krejdar

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLemur View Post
The lady doth protest too much, methinks
You mis-read my statement, I corrected you. That's not a protest, please check out a Dictionary from time to time.

Thank you.

chumbler

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krejdar View Post
That's why you never let them know you don't have a log between your legs. If they don't know, they'll treat you like everyone else - which usually isn't much different. If you're a good player and you know your role in the game, ignore them. I do the same. It's better that way.
That is not a good solution. It shouldn't matter whether a player is male or female, and it shouldn't matter whether they say they're male or female. The people who are too immature to share a game with an acknowledged female player should not be given a pass on their unacceptable behavior.

xStrawberryKitty

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by suns song View Post
re: the 'cleavage' issue

I'm sure there are girls that pull out their boobs just for views but uh
some girls just
have boobs

cleavage happens

do girls have to wear turtle necks or something in order to not be using their cleavage for something
This ^

BerserkSheal

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisanzo View Post
No. It doesn't work that way.

You're bending the argument away from what the whole point is. The point is that Riot is making it seem like that's okay because of how they approach the female champs and how they react to reports of that nature.

You're also victim blaming which renders any argument to the contrary of the obnoxious amounts of misogyny in the game irrelevant.

Read what I was responding to, I wasn't even responding to the OT. Just the women who said she was in game having guys making sexist remarks against her, and I just gave her two options to avoid needing to read what every jackass in game says.

tempnameA461

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisanzo View Post
You're bending the argument away from what the whole point is. The point is that Riot is making it seem like that's okay because of how they approach the female champs and how they react to reports of that nature.
Actually, our female champs have huge breasts.
They're probably fake.
So it promotes either fertility or fakeness.
Real women typically aren't fake, and they know this. As do most men.

Garnet

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchigoKitty View Post
This ^
there's a lot about this argument that makes my head hurt, which is why i haven't invested too much time in it

but like, if you have larger breasts, even if you're not wearing a 'revealing' top so to speak, you're probably going to be showing off cleavage. it happens. it doesn't have to be a sexual thing at all

I'm sorry but I'm not going to run around dressed like a nun because some dudes think by me wearing clothes that I like I'm catering to the masses or trying to get something out of my figure

butts

LegendaryLemur

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krejdar View Post
You mis-read my statement, I corrected you. That's not a protest, please check out a Dictionary from time to time.

Thank you.
Pretty sure caps lock denote emphasis which is more protest than was required. Maybe a part of you likes fuzzy things that purr a little more than you are comfortable with and its confusing you?

madjai

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLemur View Post
The lady doth protest too much, methinks
No, you're just an idiot. That's pretty much it.