@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kippy ne

03-24-2013

bump

kippy ne

03-24-2013

This thread is huge. Riot too scared to touch this subject anymore? *taunt*

kippy ne

03-24-2013

I'd like to drop an opinion in here. When I first heard about Ahri a fox lady, I was SO excited they were going to have another animal-beast looking female (fox is my favorite animal ;---; ). I didn't look up any of the leaks or anything.

The day she came out I was deeply disappointed to see that this epic fox lady was just another revealing girl with a huge chest in a stupid Halloween fox outfit. I shouldn't have raised my expectations so high for Riot that day, but since then I have never played her and it still hurts my soul when I see her in the loading screen, not like a crying pain but a "sigh.. she could have been done so much BETTER". She wasn't even a full furry... just another sexual object added to the LoL collection.

The amount of sad I felt from this, was probably the most sad and disappointed anybody has ever felt about a video game on the face of this earth. I feel I deserve a hug or.. or.. SOMETHING! I just..

Player 0

08-27-2013

Ka bumped

Kylewinslol

08-27-2013

Lets just make all the champions different color stick figures, so people can stop complaining like immature first world problem babies, jesus.

Aegis456

08-27-2013

There are a LOT of girls in bronze :/

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2 Sentinel View Post
So I was watching the quarterfinals today, and they did a segment on Alex Ich. Alex talked about how he is one of the few gamers who is married, when inspired a rather odd comment from Phreak. “More girls should play League of Legends.” I found it odd, because the LoL community isn’t always the most welcoming. I know of plenty of girls that do play, and they choose a gender neutral summoner name because of the grief they receive for making their gender known. I know of even more girls that choose not to play LoL at all because they don’t feel welcome.

One of my best friends is a girl gamer...
I have a friend that is a gamer girl too and she loves Lulu, but she has moved on to a different game. Reason for leaving LoL? The other game is more fun. Nothing about oversexualized girls, a lack of man candy... she was just tired of LoL. She still loves Lulu. She created a pet that is purple and named Lulu in her new game. Clearly Riot is doing something right... at least some of the time. I've noticed all my friends that play LoL that are girls will not play male characters. They won't. Period. So as long as Riot is making girl characters occasionally I think we're fine. Perhaps a few more cutesy champions like Lulu (apparently Teemo is asexual enough they will play him? as well).

LoveSparkle

09-19-2013

I'm a Gamer Girl. This is different than Girl Gamer in that I put the game as a bigger part of me than the girl. If you understand that.

That being said, I agree with the crisp identification of how female champs are designed to be sexual.

But I like that.

I only play girl champions. And that's actually one of my strengths in ranked. The champs I do play, I know very well.

And I'm not against a woman character being strong and beautiful, and the summoner being able to use her properly.

Politely disagree. Sometimes it's just nice to be a big-boobed teleporting noxus hero like Katarina.

Bonnies

09-19-2013

I understand what he's trying to say but I think some of the stuff he's reading too much into it.

I mean generally male plays more video games than female. It's not like they are not trying to attract female to play too, but the % of female gamers is less than male gamers. There are only so many Riot can get.

Do I agree with some of the overly sexy skin? No. Do I like some of the sexy skins? Yea.

I don't only like female champions, in fact my favorite champions are Cho, Heimerdinger, and Zyra.

I don't know why your friend is being targeted because she's a female. I've been playing LoL for 2 years, never once I've been bothered by because of my gender.

Number #1, I DON'T tell people I'm a female. I'm just a GAMER like everyone else. Even thought my name is kind of a givaway, no one really ask me "ARE YOU A GIRL?"

I'm a cosplayer and I cosplayed champion like redeemed riven and I'm working on Aether wing kayle. I wish Riot would make more strong "sexy" armory champions or skins like those so I can cosplay them lol.

KPOP Ahri

09-19-2013

To me , champion genders are just a detail , and the gameplay they offer is much more important .
I think the issue preventing female players to play LoL or simply tell others about their gender ( which isn't necessary AT ALL in a game , since it doesn't influence anything ) isn't the game having sexualized skins , but the male players' reactions when they get to know they're actually females ( like "t1ts or gtfo' or 'go back to the kitchen pls' or 'you're a female so you suck yolo' ) .

A lot of what we could call 'sexualized skins' are in fact really awesome skins , like French Maid Nidalee or Nurse Akali , or Battlebunny Riven , because they're funny and original skins with a well-made model and sometimes new effects .

Human females tend to have a thinner and more graceful body than human males , who usually are physically stronger and have an important muscle mass , so why would it be bad to take inspiration from this and add value to it ? Females and Males are physically different although they do have the same rights , we have to admit it , and I personally find it beautiful . The world would be boring to death if there was no difference between us .
And stylists also value those differences in real life , most women clothes actually cover the body a lot less than men clothes . Females often don't like to wear 'males clothes' either , so I guess they're ok with it .

I'm ok if you wanna make sexualized males skins , I think females have the right to get skins like that too and I'd like to have some of them too , but please don't touch awesome female skins like Nurse akali or French Maid Nidalee , because they're fine as they are .

Btw , I'm a female gamer who never tells others about her gender either , because it doesn't matter to me , and I don't feel targeted at all when playing LoL .