@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheUlf

10-23-2012

Also, as I didn't yet say it - awesome posts, OP.

Ailias

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUlf View Post
Dianna was a momentous step in finding out that costumes don't all have to come from Carl's Sexy Bargain warehouse,
This is gold, and should be the baseline for determining if a champ design is too over the top.

Sylfi

10-24-2012

I normally don't read on the forums, or have never even post, but I have recently been playing Leona lately, and as a female player, I saw something that I might have found mildly offensive, and wound up here.

Great points. I truly don't believe this topic is getting enough attention, or is even being taken seriously enough by administration and staff. I can't tell you how much I agree.

First off, I feel the need to include this now, this topic has gotten some love, and what OP is trying to avoid are skins like Fiora and Fortune. And low and behold, look at Head Mistress Fiora. Another epitome of fetishes.

I'm no feminist; I love all these sexy girls, however, I do want respect.

Like everyone else here, it's just too much. What put me over the top, is our exclusive classy lady Leona. Has anybody else noticed that with her Valkyrie skin, her bright red thong shows through her clothes when in brush? This is a boiling point. There is absolutely NO WAY that was "accidental" as with showing Renekton's tongue through his skull when in brush.

My question is why? Valkyrie already has accentuated sexual qualities, and I do believe Leona was supposed to be one of the more "masculine" out of all the sexy females.

Sexual tones are justified on certain characters. Those that fit the lore and cultural aspects, just as the original poster covered thoroughly.

There is an obvious point of disrespect and catering to the male community. Statistic show that yes, there are more males, and yes, appease the masses, but women DO exist. Which brings me to a completely different point; having the pink Taric skin usually puts a bullseye on my back for being a homosexual male. Though I take it with a grain of salt, because I do have a sense of humour, and purchased the skin for it's comical properties. But I digress.

I want to see a viking woman. With strength and beauty. Blood and scars. Armour and actual plate boots. Without heels. All that glory. I don't want boobs shoved in my face or red thongs saying "Look at me!"

Zeratoth

10-24-2012

to all the people complaining about Headmistress Fiora:
Because Fiora's previous characterization gives NO hints she has a slight teasing side that might come out for halloween. none at all.

come on. really? this is clearly her having some fun. This isn't her with cleavage down to her navel, sucking on some vaguely phallic symbol and spreading her legs on her desk. she has a bit of exposed breast (about the same as her other skins), and thats it.

Jackoffripper

10-24-2012

I do think this post needs a tad more positive attention than it is given. Though the bottom line is, like the original poster said, riot caters to "Straight White Males". Now there is nothing wrong with that from a business perspective as that is what makes up much of their bottom line (money). Though by doing so the minority of the games population, is sort of left S.O.L and understanding this makes a world or difference.

Though instead of revamping a majority of the skins to the minority, I would suggest modding options. But by having the ability to make your own skin, or pay for a custom skin could do a lot of good by offering up options to those offended by the current skin sets. If the idea did well enough, then you would see riot take notice and more than likely see skins that would be highly suitable for the female populous.

I think actions need to be taken by modders or free lance programmers to get the ball rolling, if a change is wanted mutliple forum threads will not help. For again like the OP posted, most of the threads pertaining to this subject are made into jokes or down voted to the point of oblivion.

That is just my two cents, whether it made sense or not meh. I feel I got my point across lol.

The Warmonk

10-26-2012

The original poster and everyone who agrees with the OP should post drawings from other artists that SHOW what they actually want in the characters that will make them less offensive. Describing it is one thing, but there should be some drawings from other artists that should convey what kind of look you're actually expecting from RIOT in regards to gender.

A lot of what is being said can be misunderstood because everyone has different views of what is acceptable on a subject like this. The OP or their supporters needs to show point blank what they want out of the LoL's art direction with examples.

Saying that you disagree with the look of the champions is one thing, but you really need to provide references of what you would deem acceptable to make your point crystal clear.

MathMage

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Warmonk View Post
The original poster and everyone who agrees with the OP should post drawings from other artists that SHOW what they actually want in the characters that will make them less offensive. Describing it is one thing, but there should be some drawings from other artists that should convey what kind of look you're actually expecting from RIOT in regards to gender.

A lot of what is being said can be misunderstood because everyone has different views of what is acceptable on a subject like this. The OP or their supporters needs to show point blank what they want out of the LoL's art direction with examples.

Saying that you disagree with the look of the champions is one thing, but you really need to provide references of what you would deem acceptable to make your point crystal clear.
Didn't change any minds the last dozen or so times I did it. Why would it make a difference now?

PhoenixRitter

10-27-2012

Just some examples to help illustrate the point. See how many female champions/skins you can pick out.

FYI, ALL of these came from one website (http://www.attractivewear.net/mm5/me...page=&offset=0) under "Stripper Costumes." I took just a sampling, but there are plenty more if you'd like.

There are also some samples of male costumes, but I couldn't pick out any male champions who fit those.

KBLOB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Wtf Zyra and Elise are both monsters. One is a killer plant and the other is a killer spider. They just "dress up" as sexy women to lure people into a false sense of security.

Shub Niggurat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

You are forgetting about Draaaaaaaven, I am a male and I can see that his poses are just to show him flirt, most flirting dude evarr, and remember this is the League of Draven, so that makes the 100% of male champs, unpractically sexy, Draven is sexy, I would be gay if Draven asked me to! but I have a gf (who also plays and doesn't give a damn about this issue ), and a normal life, you shouldn't care that much on this stuff hehe, there are countless cultural reason why you shouldn't care, and I don't really have the time to get into arguments with you, which sry if I offend you seems pointless to me right now.... Remember... Draaaaven