@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GekkoST

10-21-2012

monster females need to wear sexy outfits too... slap a two piece on anivia please and make sure it's extra revealing
EDIT: nvm leave her naked

KABOOMKABOOM69

10-21-2012

I am buying teacher fiora cuz she is stripper teacher fiora *_* so hott

NeOLinG

10-21-2012

This thread has proven one point:

Even video game characters aren't safe from feminist criticism. What do you want next? Cat Woman in loose sweatpants and a "I <3 kitties" sweater? It's a video game, if you don't like the character design, don't play.

MathMage

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeOLinG View Post

Even video game characters aren't safe from feminist criticism. What do you want next? Cat Woman in loose sweatpants and a "I <3 kitties" sweater? It's a video game, if you don't like the character design, don't play.
for the nth time
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...g-Tantrums-Win

your attitude is more about driving out people who disagree with you than about driving game improvement

also you're seriously citing comics as an example where female portrayal isn't at all problematic? pls

Zeratoth

10-21-2012

I've seen a few posts label Zyra and Syndra as bad character design. Why is that? Just curious.

MathMage

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeratoth View Post
I've seen a few posts label Zyra and Syndra as bad character design. Why is that? Just curious.
Zyra...well, whatever, hamadryad myths, I can deal with that.

Syndra? That belted-on pushup/thong...thing? Bleh.

canned food

10-21-2012

i wonder how many people actually take the time to read such long threads, they always seem to have a tonne of up votes

MathMage

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by canned food View Post
i wonder how many people actually take the time to read such long threads, they always seem to have a tonne of up votes
Usually people read a thread like this by checking the OP, maybe the first few pages, jump around the red posts, and maybe the last few pages.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeOLinG View Post

Depending on the iteration of cat women the "feminist" would maybe change the material of her costume to something like Kevlar, get rid of the boob window, and keep it all black. Less BDSM, more actual cat burglar. Thinking about that it actually sounds cool, 95% of the iterations of Catwoman have come off more as cheesy than as "sexy".

Natneyi

10-22-2012

Normally I don't mention this in posts, but considering this is a gender thread, I'll throw out there for reference that I am a girl.

I wrote up a big long thing talking about every different female human champion, and every skin, before realizing, there is one central point that I feel covers it all. I want to demonstrate with a couple examples.
Ahri, Eve, Cass, MF, Heartseeker Vayne, Battle Bunny Riven - these do not bother me. Ahri is a charmer, Eve is a seductress and Cass was one too, MF is flirtatious and confident and seems to take pride in using her "feminine charms" to her advantage, while things like Heartseeker Vayne and Battle Bunny Riven are clearly costumes--they are solely for the purpose of aesthetics. They are honest.
By contrast, there are things that I do have a bit of a problem with (not a ZOMG FEMINAZI RAWR problem, but it ****les at me a bit). Sejuani, Sivir, Leona's heels, Dragonslayer Vayne - and it's because of one simple thing: they contain things that are impractical for the sake of aesthetics but the overall look tries to pretend that it is functional. Sejuani, Sivir, Dragonslayer Vayne--these are fighters, wearing armor that exposes their stomachs--I'm given to understand a very vulnerable region! and sometimes even more than that. Leona's heels are the same way--they make her look fantastic but it's just ridiculous to think they would actually be practical in battle.
Once again, it's not that they are showing their stomachs or wearing heels--I point as my proof of this to Eve, whose bondage lingerie and heels bother me not at all as they are 100% character appropriate--it's the fact that an attempt seems to be being made to present this as functional rather than aesthetic.
For the record, I feel the same way about Trynd, Lee Sin, Ruthless Panth, etc.
However, Ryze doesn't bother me for the same reason I have less of an issue with Morgana and Syndra. Sure, they're wearing very little, but they're squishy casters and what they are wearing isn't armor. It's less of an issue for me to wear scanty clothing than scanty... armor. As if boobs and crotch were the only bodyparts you needed to protect.

I like me some sexy women in video games. I'm sure most people, including other women, do too. But considering there is a wide range of what's considered sexy, I'd love to see more variety in LoL champs. I know there are a lot of people who consider softer/more curvy women (as opposed to ribs and hipbones sticking out) to be sexy. Personally, my favorite female body type is thin with well shaped but small boobs and butt. Would love to see this represented.
As far as proportions go, for instance, I love Kat's stomach... tight without being emaciated. I liked old (2nd) Morg as well--new Morg is even worse than new Lux and new MF for RIBS teenywaist HIPS. For the record my boyfriend mentions he also preferred the previous Morg art--the new one looks sickly, plus the size of her boobs in relation to the size of her waist is just ridiculous.

I really don't have a problem with most poses. The curve of Soraka's spine is a little ridiculous, and the angle on Foxfire Ahri is pretty boobtastic, but that really doesn't bother me much.

Sorry for a bit of a ramble, but I wanted to make that point.