@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talyse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I'll admit, this is one of the few threads where I actually spent the time to read through the entire first post even though it's as long as it is.

I'll say, as a female gamer here on League, that I would LOVE some mancandy. I'll admit I love watching Lee Sin and Varus play (two favorite male champs in terms of looks), Lee because of how he moves while he walks (don't really like his latest skin that changes up his walking style), and Varus also because of how he walks, his voice, general demeanor, and general appearance. Mmmm, yummy. <3

I, personally as a female player, enjoy the more 'reserved' females. I'll also be the first to admit I play 95% female characters and the odd male character here and there (robot or not, Blitz falls into the male category in my head for some reason). I main Shyvana for jungling, and I immediately bought her darkflame skin when it came out. Why? Because I LOVE turning into this bad-ass black dragon that just descends on the enemies in a team fight and royally ****s them up. So. Much. Fun. And who doesn't love scaring the hell out of the enemy by dragoning on their face from a bush they were sure was empty?

Favorite supports, the role I main over-all, would be Sona and Leona. I'll be honest in that I am bi-sexual, so boobs are probably just as much of a turn on to me as they are to the average straight white male player, but at the same time, I've grown into such a love for Sona that I don't focus on her over sized chest. I mostly focus on the music that plays when you change her abilities, considering I went from using her original skin, then Guiqin Sona, then nabbed up Arcade the second I saw it in the shop. All of them make her music sounds different, and I love it! Plus the ult change for Arcade. For a DDR player like myself, I squeed in stupid delight when I saw the skin preview. xD

As for Leona, I'mma admit one of my favorite things about her is her taunt. It may seem like a ***** move, but I can't help but type in '/taunt' when the enemy nexus is blowing up and hitting enter when there's the silence between the explosion and the results of the match. "Next time, try to leave a dent!" UGH, love love love it. She's such a positive beacon, and then having her say something like that gives her just the right amount of sass any valiant woman like herself should have. :3

But yeah, TL;DR - I want more mancandy like Lee Sin and Varus, I'm a bi-sexual girl gamer that loves a bunch of female characters for reasons not focused around their sexuality.

Magi Homura

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran13r View Post
BAM! School teacher fiora, riot does it again!

Why don't they just say "We are making sexy female champions because XXX sells, we are catering to the majority because that gives us money"??
I'm okay with the in-game model. I like fiora. I like teachers. Sounds like a fun skin.

I think the deciding factor is going to be the splashart. Will it be like Aviator Irelia, or another broken back action pose? I'm betting on the latter.

MTaur

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
We have champions and skins in the pipeline that still apply to particular pre-established trends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
In the meantime you will indeed see some "sexy" here and there.
Well, we did have fair warning....... Making the Spider Queen into a non-monster was a bit of an unexpected twist, though.

yutao123

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

so female champs have to wear clothes while gragas walks around in his undies

yangyang

10-18-2012

The problem with posts like these is that females take it as an opportunity to brag about how female they are, and opinions of them lessen.

Solaris17

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post

some stuff

Ahri (my main and the love of my life)

Caitlyn should probably not shop in the children’s section and find something that fits. I wish the Sheriff of Piltover was someone I could take seriously. (my AD carry when i dont want to mid)

some stuff

ill take her

seriously.

Alessandra

10-18-2012

I like the OP's post as well as Riot's (IronStylus) input

I definitely think there needs to be a lot more variety with female champs

I already think there some good variety with the males, just not many heroes in total.

Personally I am not into varus or ezreal archetype, too feminine. Instead Im more attracted to more rugged and bulkier types such as Darius, Garen, Trynd and the like.

But there should definitely be more archetypes for both sexes as well as different combinations. For example, someone earlier mentioned this, a hero that borrows from really interesting characters such as ursula from the little mermaid could really mix things up

on the male side, unprepared garen, make it happen (personally a little bit of chest hair would be a nice touch).

More heroes with varus archetype are also needed for those who like the androgynous dudes.

L2 Sentinel

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSleuthXIII View Post
Not to go out of the thread but I thought people in this thread would be interested in this other thread that I linked to this thread because basically oversexification of women is a thing so here's my rebuttal.
Hey, nice! Best of luck to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yutao123 View Post
so female champs have to wear clothes while gragas walks around in his undies
This is a troll post, but I'll respond to it anyway.

Though I didn't go through great lengths to show it in my original post, but I'm actually fond of quite a few of the lady characters wearing sexy outfits. I just want it to make sense for the character. If Janna, Ahri, and/ or LeBlanc, for example, started dressing like nuns, I'd be upset. However, there are a few champions that were sexified in a way that I thought was inappropriate for that character. In my mind, Caitlyn could have been done better. Additionally, how much they are wearing isn't the issue, it's how they are presented.

I'm also just very bored with how stale the female champions are in terms of appearance. The same body type being used for every single woman is safe and boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris17 View Post
ill take her

seriously.
lol. I see what you did there.jpg

Gwenna

10-20-2012

Fantastic post. I agree with every word of it, and I hope to see more diversity in our champion selection in the future. Thank you for sharing this! Your hard work is apparent, and I for one am relieved to see that I am not the only one who has been noticing this trend among the female champions. To hell with all the people who just shrug and say "well, that's the way it is, too bad". Change is always possible.

HidingOverHere

10-21-2012

pretty much what Ive been trying to say.... the past few "monster" females continue this problem