@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meier

10-17-2012

This game is played 99% males who like to look at boobs.. Get over it.

VenialSin

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzidian View Post
Dear Riot concept artists, I'm not sure if you've seen this or not but when you're looking for body references for bodies to create for LoL I suggest you look at Howard Schartz and Beverly Ornstein's photography compilation titled “The Athlete”. You can google the images or just get the book. What they did was take photographs of various Olympians to show how athletic manifests in different body shapes.
Some examples from the collection:
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6099/6...0cfbe0f1_b.jpg
http://nutritionsuccess.org/blog/wp-...athletes03.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le...q6u0o1_500.jpg

I think these are great references for building diverse artwork with humanoid body types.
This is excellent. I'm always looking for good references for differing body types when drawing. Thanks!

chumbler

10-17-2012

That's funny, I was pretty sure they already released Zyra, but this new champion looks like Zyra with a new coat of paint.

The "She was already in the pipeline" excuse is only going to work for so long, Riot. Even putting aside other complaints, it's downright embarrassing that she's practically a carbon copy of Zyra.

Xemozu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Let me rephrase.

IronStylus implied that there is some amount of women who ALREADY have sexy designs who are UPCOMING, such as Elise, who was, in all likelihood, FAR into development by the time this megathread was made. In other words, The good ideas for undersexualized/alternatively sexualized females will probably be coming in 2013.
I would agree with your point, if it wasn't for the fact that the threads talking about the lack of diversity in female model types are also pretty damn old. You do know this thread isn't the first case of people complaining about that right?

chumbler

10-17-2012

http://i.imgur.com/8QHyr.jpg

Originality. It's missing Fiora, but you get the point.

Commando Slap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

revelant.

based parrot, where have you gone?

ZeroKuno

10-17-2012

Didn't the community itself ask for Nurse Akali and Bunny girl Riven and all that ****?

Sachidanada

10-17-2012

i cant reach a girl through here. +they noobs. not seeing a problem.

Noodle MD

10-17-2012

Elise looks like she's wearing the same battle lingerie as Zyra.

I'm not particularly impressed with this one, queens are supposed to be regal. They're classy and sexy at the same time, without showing any skin. At least her second skin could've been what I just described, but it's basically a lighter green Zyra with no red. I expected something visually wise akin to the evil queen from the original Snow White, tall with a sense of arrogance, and you can definitely tell she's powerful.

My biggest issue isn't actually that she's all sexualized, it's that she looks nothing akin to a spider. Coattails don't make her a spider, anymore than wearing a crown makes someone a queen.

TripleChicken

10-17-2012

Ok so I read until I heard your first solution...
Sexy Fireman skin? Are you serious? RIOT HAS PLENTY OF THAT!
look at gemstone taric and ruthless pantheon perse. lol.
also, i dont think anyone would like to see a zebra undie tryndameer...
actually... YES
MAKE THE SKIN
ITLL BE SOOOO FUNNY