@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Winterstride

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
Probably, but I have nothing else to do while I update Mechwarrior Online :P
(Can't play LoL with that downloading in the background)
Just seems like it's doing more harm than good for our cause. I think our push for more female champs who make sense, who conform to their own themes and that those themes are diverse, is a worthy movement to run with.

Guys like him don't respect the discussion, he's here exclusively to belittle our arguments.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Please quote the exact words that may be considered a "vulgar and sexy woman hating rant" as you've ignored every single word I've said on that.
I haven't ignored it. all his remarks on most of the female champs are vulgar and sexy woman hating. If OP didn't mean to be vulgar or sexy woman hating, OP couldve say soemthing like "a lot of these champs lack a petite or fat body girl. Please give us more variety on female body types as well as more champs on the monster, bug, fish etc category"

• Nurse Akali is a stripper nurse.
• Cowgirl Miss Fortune is just missing a pole.
• Officer Caitlyn is in many ways the most disappointing. She is in a position of authority. She is the Sheriff of Piltover, but she gets a stripper cop outfit.
• Battle Bunny Riven is a Playboy Bunny. This is the most blatant one of them all. You can’t even pretend that this is anything but a stripper skin. I know it's a fan creation, but that doesn't give it a free pass.
• Prestigious LeBlanc is a Vegas showgirl.
• French Maid Nidalee is something you’d see in a gentleman’s club.
• Mistletoe LeBlanc, Candy Cane Miss Fortune, Snow Bunny Nidalee draw a strong contrast to Santa Gragas and Old St. Zilean.
• Sandstorm Katarina is a belly dancer. This one barely scrapes by on what I would count as a stripper skin.
• Red Card Katarina doesn’t dress like any referee I’ve ever seen. Fifa banned players from taking their shirts off.
• Kitty Kat Katarina reminds me of Halle Berry’s Catwoman, and that’s offensive on a whole new level.

this is just a small part of it but its very biased and unfairly judge/criticized. I commented on OP remarks on the champs on page 283 if you're interested.

Karolina

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
Just seems like it's doing more harm than good for our cause. I think our push for more female champs who make sense, who conform to their own themes and that those themes are diverse, is a worthy movement to run with.

Guys like him don't respect the discussion, he's here exclusively to belittle our arguments.
Shhh, we must not alert the masses to our brainwashing efforts... the overlords are pleased with the current progress of their agenda...

Ayriath

10-10-2012

So, what...We're concerned about female champs in League being scantily clad/seuxal themes, etc.?

Well I, as a fellow female League player, see it that if women can dress like that in real life, I don't see the problem with it in a video game.

The issue I've known most female League players to have a problem with is not with character design, but as the OP said in one half of his post: The way the community treats us. Now, I don't go around in game waving around a 'Hey, I'm a girl' flag, but for the sake of conversational pieces like this one, I'll disclose gender for the sake of argument. But, I get flak when I tell someone 'I've been playing ranked with my friend' and their first thought is that I got carried, followed by "No, girls can't play competitively."

Just like many other League of Legends players, I have worked my butt off to learn counterpicking, strategies, champion after champion, and theorycraft in an attempt to better myself to be up there and be considered a good player. But, sure enough, one of my friends calls me by name in a game and I'm getting told by someone on my team that they hope my father beats me and they're going to track me down and rape me. That's not really enjoyable behavior, and that has nothing to do with 'sexy' champions.

Forget the idea of female champions being scantily clad or the lack of 'Hot male eye candy'. That's not even important-We have women walking around in tiny miniskirts that barely keep their booty concealed in the sake of 'fashion', so this really shouldn't be shocking.
The true issue is more based around the community, which is made up of humans, which means they can't be controlled by a form of going 'YOU TREAT HER NICE OR ELSE'. I don't really think the problem can be resolved until a person themselves learns to pick up their attitude or prejudice.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:

you just admit to having an agenda for "realism" when majority of the champs do have realism and maybe stylized in one way or another for the game. you dont even respect yourself to fully understand the whole situation and you have the audacity to accuse me to not respect the argument when you dont even have the courtesy to understand my standpoint that OP is mis-presenting his argument? Thats the only reason why OP would go to such length to attack all the champs that he deems too sexual.

typical white knight

Karolina

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
I haven't ignored it. all his remarks on most of the female champs are vulgar and sexy woman hating. If OP didn't mean to be vulgar or sexy woman hating, OP couldve say soemthing like "a lot of these champs lack a petite or fat body girl. Please give us more variety on female body types as well as more champs on the monster, bug, fish etc category"

• Nurse Akali is a stripper nurse.
• Cowgirl Miss Fortune is just missing a pole.
• Officer Caitlyn is in many ways the most disappointing. She is in a position of authority. She is the Sheriff of Piltover, but she gets a stripper cop outfit.
• Battle Bunny Riven is a Playboy Bunny. This is the most blatant one of them all. You can’t even pretend that this is anything but a stripper skin. I know it's a fan creation, but that doesn't give it a free pass.
• Prestigious LeBlanc is a Vegas showgirl.
• French Maid Nidalee is something you’d see in a gentleman’s club.
• Mistletoe LeBlanc, Candy Cane Miss Fortune, Snow Bunny Nidalee draw a strong contrast to Santa Gragas and Old St. Zilean.
• Sandstorm Katarina is a belly dancer. This one barely scrapes by on what I would count as a stripper skin.
• Red Card Katarina doesn’t dress like any referee I’ve ever seen. Fifa banned players from taking their shirts off.
• Kitty Kat Katarina reminds me of Halle Berry’s Catwoman, and that’s offensive on a whole new level.

this is just a small part of it but its very biased and unfairly judge/criticized. I commented on OP remarks on the champs on page 283 if you're interested.
I don't see anything vulgar and offensive about that. Nowhere I see "stripper" used derogatorily. It's used as a description (which fits pretty well) and as a way to categorize those skins.

Logic used: Does Nurse Akali's outfit look like what a stripper would use when pretending to be a nurse ? Yes. -> Then it's fine.

Again, making assumptions on what the OP meant doesn't give anyone the right to use that as fact.

The Kitty Kat skin is offensive because of the movie, in case you didn't get the joke.

Winterstride

10-10-2012

Ayriath

The issue presented by the OP isn't that scantly clad females exist in this game, it's that this design occurs too often, to the point where it makes zero sense (Zyra, Sejuani, Riven's battle bunny skin). The call here is for more variety in female designs, to respect their themes and exercise better judgment in implementing them.

The community being such a boys club is definitely another issue.

Karolina

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
Thats the only reason why OP would go to such length to attack all the champs that he deems too sexual.
"The only reason YOU can think of."
That's what you don't get.

Ayriath

10-10-2012

Quote:
Ayriath

The issue presented by the OP isn't that scantly clad females exist in this game, it's that this design occurs too often, to the point where it makes zero sense (Zyra, Sejuani, Riven's battle bunny skin). The call here is for more variety in female designs, to respect their themes and exercise better judgment in implementing them.

The community being such a boys club is definitely another issue.
It was part of his post, from what I was reading.

Either way, let me list off some: Leona, Lux, Annie, Cassiopeia, Diana, Fiora, Irelia, Karma, Kayle, Leblanc, Lulu, Orianna, Shyvana, Tristana

In my opinion, do not fit the same 'sexualized' theme of being mostly naked in most of their skins/overall design. There's PLENTY of female champs that don't fit that, I think they're just paying too close attention to the ones that do and ignoring the ones that don't.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
I don't see anything vulgar and offensive about that. Nowhere I see "stripper" used derogatorily. It's used as a description (which fits pretty well) and as a way to categorize those skins.

Logic used: Does Nurse Akali's outfit look like what a stripper would use when pretending to be a nurse ? Yes. -> Then it's fine.

Again, making assumptions on what the OP meant doesn't give anyone the right to use that as fact.

The Kitty Kat skin is offensive because of the movie, in case you didn't get the joke.
so the girls who cosplay as a nurse for halloween are in the same boat as a stripper? "Hey girl dress as a nurse, you look like a stripper." putting it in a category as a stripper is means to put it in a negative light.

So why attack Kitty Kat skin? Just comparing it to a crappy movie doesn't mean the skin is bad. Should she dress up in a full body cat instead? It would only look like felicia from dark stalkers and people are going to say hey felicia is naked, we need to put a bikini on that cat costume next.