@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
>lack in variety in females until lately

hahaha
no.

Thats been ongoing
hahahaha
yes.

thats because more and more people is asking for it. if you got 1-2 million players and only a handful that ask for it, then not much would change right away. As riot released different looking of females, no one really complained about their appearance, sexy or not because people accepted their art/lore right off the back. hardly anyone complained about leona, hardly anyone complain about syndra.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-10-2012

It's all about money, Riot knows the majority of players are males. 1 female in 20 male atleast.
Males are perverted, Males like perverted stuff, So perverted skins will make more money than skins that cover cleavage and ass. Also the champion designer must have perverted minds or should i say a SEXY mind? But I'd say it's about the money.

The only thing that I'll protest about perverted skins is I'm not very good at playing LoL with 1 hand.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KT Samurai

Senior Member

10-10-2012

The "it's okay because money" argument is pretty stubborn, I see.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karolina

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
NO to OP vulgar and sexy woman hating rant. If OP thought carefully how the main points and examples are addressed then it might be different but all I saw was shes too sexy, shes a **** stripper, or whatever OP is whining about.
Please quote the exact words that may be considered a "vulgar and sexy woman hating rant" as you've ignored every single word I've said on that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KT Samurai

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
Please quote the exact words that may be considered a "vulgar and sexy woman hating rant" as you've ignored every single word I've said on that.
You know, he's doing what he's doing because he has no argument, he's just trying to get a rise out of you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
I had to read the OP again just to make sure. There's no demeaning mention of strippers. OP says it's what a stripper would wear, not a real nurse. How is that insulting ?
So you're telling me that OP calling those champs ****s or strippers isn't a way to label them in a demeaning manner? That's the first time someone call someone **** or stripper and meant it in a good way. Even went out of the way to state that fact it's what he calls "stripper skin". Why not call it revealing? or sexy skin but stripper skin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
You do that as well when you say that the OP has an agenda, that people who agree with this are afraid of boobs, etc.

And you may call it "bashing", but the lack of variety needs to be mentioned somehow for the suggestion the OP is making, so I'd actually call it a "summary".
The way OP present it is negative in that he classified the already existing champs themselves, skins or splash as "strippers" or "****s". So they're sexy or visually appealing but even to call champs like syndra is into BDSM. OP already has a ideal view on women and aggressive categorize existing champs in a negative manner unfairly. Instead of bring to everyone's attention that hey these champs are kind of sexy, lets have a variety, OP resort into vulgar name calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
There's no sexist agenda.
Nobody called the lack of variety an evil flaw.
Most of you who agree with OP probably don't have an agenda but OP does by how the information was presenting and the remarks given and there are those who are supporting that agenda that im talking about.

If any of my stripper friends read those remarks, they would like to do some cutting. because they are tired of people treating them poorly and degrading them like they aren't people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSaber View Post
It's all about money, Riot knows the majority of players are males. 1 female in 20 male atleast.
Males are perverted, Males like perverted stuff, So perverted skins will make more money than skins that cover cleavage and ass. Also the champion designer must have perverted minds or should i say a SEXY mind? But I'd say it's about the money.

The only thing that I'll protest about perverted skins is I'm not very good at playing LoL with 1 hand.
youre in the minority that does that. thats why im still in elo hell because poeple can't control themselves. does that mean we should get rid of sexy skin? no, just ban players like you lol. control yourself sir hehe

riot does try to be fair and level the field. sometimes it feels like they want extremely flat chested girl or some ugly fat female or a slender stick girl with a big butt which im fine with


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
The "it's okay because money" argument is pretty stubborn, I see.
so youre against making visually appealing because of your morals and decide to make something ugly and try to sell it.

or you can just have both and make more of the one that sells. otherwise you'll be broke before you make your second item.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karolina

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
So you're telling me that OP calling those champs ****s or strippers isn't a way to label them in a demeaning manner? That's the first time someone call someone **** or stripper and meant it in a good way. Even went out of the way to state that fact it's what he calls "stripper skin". Why not call it revealing? or sexy skin but stripper skin?
"Revealing" is too generic (especially in LoL). "Sexy" might not apply to all cases. "Stripper skin" is a perfectly valid description (and it's quite precise in the cases used, as they could be fantasy outfits for showgirls), only the reader can give it a negative connotation. And I never read a single instance of "****" in the OP. In fact I encourage everyone to read the OP again. Look at it objectively. It is not insulting to anyone at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
Most of you who agree with OP probably don't have an agenda but OP does by how the information was presenting and the remarks given and there are those who are supporting that agenda that im talking about.
You can't discuss something starting from an assumption you make.
It's like trying to discredit someone's opinion using your own impression of that person.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karolina

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
You know, he's doing what he's doing because he has no argument, he's just trying to get a rise out of you.
Probably, but I have nothing else to do while I update Mechwarrior Online :P
(Can't play LoL with that downloading in the background)