Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Rippyman:
Ok kids, let's ignore the trolls and go to sleep. Iron Stylus weighed in, admitted there was a problem, and suggested there would be changes. That's all that matters. whether fifteen-year-olds who don't know anything admit there is a problem is irrelevant.

edit: seriously, please let this thread die.

what kind of changes? you mean the kind of propaganda OP is pushing? NOT ON MY WATCH! IM DEFENDING THIS FREE GAME WITH MY LIFE!

Shaella

10-10-2012

Quote:
jireo:
exactly... Who should i pick, i feel like playing one of the 10 different champs but i dont know who i should pick or whos better for this situation.

I dont know about you but if someone doesnt feel like solo top, jungling, mid, support or adc and are force to play it... They wont play well and probably just quit. Maybe you picked kat and felt like you should've played hec because hes better for the mood your in. Everyone is different. I'm tired of supporting stupid adc or stupid teams but i have to do it most of the time because some people are uncooperative and selfish and ruin your day.

i don't know who i should pick oh no
all this choice is oppressing me

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
RockemSockem84:
Apparently I'm dumb

I would give you some INT items but LOL only supplies me with AP items :\

Firellius

10-10-2012

Quote:
jireo:
candy cane mf being sexy ingame? hahaha she makes me laugh killing people with sugar treats coming out of a lane candy cane. Sorry but i cant agree with you about her being sexy ingame

I didn't say in-game.

Look at her splash! That's as sexualised as it gets, and we don't have anything male along such lines.

It doesn't have to be super-obvious, something subtle will do too. Just a skin that's there to be sexy. Sexy to women, gay guys and bisexuals.

Someone else mentioned that all of the guy splashes are too preoccupied with intimidating their opponents/summoners. They're not seductive. None of them are.

Something like the aforementioned farmhand Jarvan would (unwittingly) be seductive to gays, bis and women.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Shaella:
i don't know who i should pick oh no
all this choice is oppressing me

and thats why people press that random button. dont hate, collaborate.

Shaella

10-10-2012

Quote:
jireo:
and thats why people press that random button. dont hate, collaborate.

Oh man, there's even a button that exists for when i can't make up my mind
ITS ALMOST LIKE VARIETY IS A GOOD THING

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Firellius:
I didn't say in-game.

Look at her splash! That's as sexualised as it gets, and we don't have anything male along such lines.

It doesn't have to be super-obvious, something subtle will do too. Just a skin that's there to be sexy. Sexy to women, gay guys and bisexuals.

Someone else mentioned that all of the guy splashes are too preoccupied with intimidating their opponents/summoners. They're not seductive. None of them are.

Something like the aforementioned farmhand Jarvan would (unwittingly) be seductive to gays, bis and women.

in that case, she reminds me of the marilyn monroe theme. however her face is ugly and they need to fix it. also its a holiday theme. who could you pick and what would you skin them as? i dont mind at all. they can put GP nude wearing a big box as pants if they want.

Vu Sugoi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Shaella:
Oh man, there's even a button that exists for when i can't make up my mind
ITS ALMOST LIKE VARIETY IS A GOOD THING

you do know that excessive sarcasm is a sign of IQ loss...

Darkwahn

10-10-2012

Quote:
Shaella:
Translation:
I have been fully defeated, so now i'm just gonna say i was trolling all along, or that i'm tired, or high, or drunk, or something similarly stupid

Kid. You've got school in the morning. Go to bed.

Lol, I'll admit my trolling was mediocre at best. (but you responded, and other guy seemed mad which makes even **** trolling successful.) But I enjoyed myself while doing it, so how you feel about it is irrelevant wouldnt you say?

Anyways, even if I did actually hold to what I was saying, I doubt you personally would've really swayed much of anyone. The only thing you really said was "variety r gud", without finding any real way to apply an intrinsic value to variety other than you like it.

While the ideal of variety is good, it tends to come at other costs. In this care, it could be a possibility of slightly reduces expansion into the projected audience for the game.(Since you seem to believe that the sexualisation has strong effects. It would make sense if less "horny teenaged males" would play due to a lack of these kinds of skins.) The only way to make up for this imagined loss is if every time a diverse female comes out; it has a sexualised skin attached to it. Though this is impractical and silly, and to me seems kind of morally "worse".

Honestly though, I doubt the diversity would have any notable effect on the amount of female gamers playing league. It'd be cool to have, and we could hopefully fix the waist and spine problem, but the overall gain seems like it'd honestly be next to nothing to me.

Shaella

10-10-2012

Quote:
jireo:
you do know that excessive sarcasm is a sign of IQ loss...

You do know that southpark isn't reality.