@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
Syndra is wearing a miniskirt, an extremely low cut corset, and thigh high boots.

Not sexualized, huh. Ok.
oh im sorry. i didnt know shes moving her legs in a dynamic manner where her skirt rides up her leg. if only she is floating around if only riot put some long cloths giving her cover. thigh high boots? make those things low! thigh high is too sexy compared to show more legs. low cut corset? you mean you can easily stare at them ingame?

she looked fully clothed to me and if you want to sexualize thigh high boots and someone wearnig a mini skirt. if you dont like the mini skirt, tell riot to lengthen the skirt and shorten the boots. but whats the point? just because you see some thigh, you want to sexualize it? the corset is only low in the splash and you cant see it very well. in game its covered pretty well and you only have a very small boob window.

geez people. grow up.

MTaur

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
Diversity in female champion design isn't a "feminist agenda". Please.
It sort of is, in the same way that the right to marry is on the "gay agenda." Neither of these observations is a valid argument against anything.

kenzoil

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
It sort of is, in the same way that the right to marry is on the "gay agenda." Neither of these observations are a valid argument against anything.
No, they are totally different beast. The right to marry is a civil right that seperates two social groups for the sole reason of making one social activity more acceptable then another. Character designing is all about the character's personality/history/story before anything else is decided upon.

And a little side note, if artist got their way, and they were thinking about making proportionally accurate characters, we would have a bunch of old fat men or middle aged fat women, because they are damn fun to draw in life drawing.

Firellius

10-09-2012

Quote:
It sort of is, in the same way that the right to marry is on the "gay agenda." Neither of these observations is a valid argument against anything.
No it isn't.

Portrayal of females is a matter in the hands of all women. Not just feminists.

Some females want to be portrayed like MF or Sona or whoever. It's not up to feminists to decide.

Vu Sugoi

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzoil View Post
No, they are totally different beast. The right to marry is a civil right that seperates two social groups for the sole reason of making one social activity more acceptable then another. Character designing is all about the character's personality/history/story before anything else is decided upon.

And a little side note, if artist got their way, and they were thinking about making proportionally accurate characters, we would have a bunch of old fat men or middle aged fat women, because they are damn fun to draw in life drawing.
yes they are! it was fun pregnant women too lol

MTaur

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzoil View Post
An agenda is something that a person or a group wants to accomplish. The right to marry is on the gay agenda. Positive media representations of adult human females who aren't all 18-33-year-old swimsuit models is on the feminist agenda. (Ok, there isn't any one official agenda with precise wording that all gay rights advocates or feminists agree on, but I don't think that either of the statements I just made are far from mainstream in either group.)

Karolina

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
Some females want to be portrayed like MF or Sona or whoever. It's not up to feminists to decide.
And it isn't. This has the support of way more than feminists. It's a suggestion towards equality if you will, and lots of people understand that.

Hax0r

10-09-2012

Wait wait wait.... So this thread is complaining about the God Given miracle of combining over sexualised women and video games....

Bro wtF! wTF! WTF!

Every morning i am so grateful that i can log into a game and own it up with big titty women in sexy outfits. Screw all of your inner feelings on how this is effecting society and degrading women!!

I want my female champs to be sexy, and if Riot is smart they will know that 80% of their demographic want that as well!

Embrace the titties people, embrace them!!

p.s The bunny riven skin is not a stripper, its a playboy bunny... which isn't any better, but still know your stuff dude :P

Karolina

10-09-2012

Quote:
An agenda is something that a person or a group wants to accomplish. The right to marry is on the gay agenda. Positive media representations of adult human females who aren't all 18-33-year-old swimsuit models is on the feminist agenda. (Ok, there isn't any one official agenda with precise wording that all gay rights advocates or feminists agree on, but I don't think that either of the statements I just made are far from mainstream in either group.)
Arguing semantics ? That's not a good idea ever... it derails any thread (unless it's a thread about semantics).

DJ Shyvana

10-09-2012

So, suppose this goes some where and the people arguing for basically a recall on overly sexualised skins get what they want. Do you think people who bought all these "stripper skins" will get a refund?