@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
If you look at the two images in contrast, you can see how male gaze influenced the fanservicey choice of camera angle and pose for Freljord Ashe, where Classic Ashe is a serious skin.

The main point I'm making is that when people say "Girls want to look good," they think they're arguing against the OP when they really aren't. Nobody is trying to get rid of good-looking girls. It's when you get backbreaking postures like Lux's, awkward wince-for-the-camera poses like Fiora's, waists with no room for internal organs like MF's and Morgana's, and plain old wardrobe malfunctions like Akali's that problems arise.
Serious skin? So playing videogames is serious business? Did you even notice that they are two different artists? Didn't one of riot's staff said they didn't want to hindered the artist view too much? Do you take Freljord Ashe less serious in game? Lux splash is a dynamic artistic approach. You're just complaining about the artists' work. Have you seen skinny girls? They look like that too. I dont understand how wearing a dress is a wardrobe malfuntion. you can wear pants and shorts without belts... should i complain to people about your "wardrobe malfuntion"?

Vu Sugoi

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
I guess I'll post this every 2 pages since people don't get what the OP is about.

There's not enough variety in female champion design. OP would like more diversity in the future.
That's it.
basically, OP is calling them all **** or strippers. Instead of realize the none sexualized champs. Syndra a BDSM champ? WTF OP.

BmanLi

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
basically, OP is calling them all **** or strippers. Instead of realize the none sexualized champs. Syndra a BDSM champ? WTF OP.
people need to understand what bdsm is and their interpretations of what bdsm is... is seriously whack... next thing you know someone is going to say ahri's tails are part of tentacle

MTaur

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
Well, there's real life, where nipples don't shoot lasers. But I don't want Lux's nipples to shoot lasers, either... but she's a *fantasy*, so they *should* shoot lasers, because fantasy =/= reality. But something seems off about that, and I don't buy it. There's just something that I don't understand here. Maybe someone can explain how fantasy works to me.

She could turn her back to the enemy, keep her feet planted, and turn her spine 180 degrees to face the enemy and shoot the lasers to do this, too. Because that's fantasy. If it's fantasy, then that's all there is to it, end of story. Never mind whose fantasy or why, it's just fantasy and therefore irreproachable.

Am I doing it right yet? To me it just sounds like a really bad and lazy idea, but at the same time, it's definitely fantasy. I'm really confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmanLi View Post
League of Legends is a game... nothing in this game needs to be realistic, or in anyway identical to an actual uniform in Real life.
Quote:
realistic or not, its a game and forcing things to a realistic level would only choke this great fantasy game to death.
You can call me Shen.

Vu Sugoi

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0jS1Mps0n View Post
finally, someone who gets it.. Seems like society is also feminizing the younger generation of men...
ikr? i love boobies, i love booties, i love women for their mind and bodies but do i want them to screw themselves up just to reach an pseudo image of perfection? no. do i want all these feministas pushing their fake agenda to screw up something I love? hell no. go take your witch hunt else where. you're crying over trivial things. demanding for more variety of females is different from calling them all ****s or strippers trying to force Riot to change them. Go read OP post again. TROLLLLLLL

kenzoil

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
If you look at the two images in contrast, you can see how male gaze influenced the fanservicey choice of camera angle and pose for Freljord Ashe, where Classic Ashe is a serious skin.

The main point I'm making is that when people say "Girls want to look good," they think they're arguing against the OP when they really aren't. Nobody is trying to get rid of good-looking girls. It's when you get backbreaking postures like Lux's, awkward wince-for-the-camera poses like Fiora's, waists with no room for internal organs like MF's and Morgana's, and plain old wardrobe malfunctions like Akali's that problems arise.
Design =/= Proportions

I hate to see MF on any Character Design bashing list. She is by far one of the best designed female champs. Her design represents her personality and abilities. And whenever I see someone post her as a badly design character. It makes me think that they have no clue of what character designing is all about.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Syndra is wearing a miniskirt, an extremely low cut corset, and thigh high boots.

Not sexualized, huh. Ok.

Vu Sugoi

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmanLi View Post
people need to understand what bdsm is and their interpretations of what bdsm is... is seriously whack... next thing you know someone is going to say ahri's tails are part of tentacle
whats going on riot? your game should be for people above 27 years old because obviously everyone younger has to scrape their brains off the wall from the explicit content..

Vu Sugoi

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
You can call me Shen.
nice ult, shen.

Karolina

10-09-2012

Quote:
Hyperbole and (incorrect) oversimplification. Some champs do wear outfits that would only be worn by someone who... say... intends to take it off to put on a show, but not all of them. And no champs are called strippers, op only refers to certain outfits.
The thing is there is a very recurrent design focus in most of them.

Diversity in female champion design isn't a "feminist agenda". Please.