@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ailias

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmanLi View Post
Second point: lets be honest here, and if you want I have research to back me up on this controversial topic. *** Sells. Thats all there is to it, Riot believe it or not is still a game company that is trying to maximize their profit.
here is a brief article about how companies use *** appeal, and the biological need of humans to reproduce to sell their products.
Yes it does, and as a result of marketers realising this rather obvious concept there is now an entire generation of young girls being exposed to images of women that don't actually look like women. This is a serious issue and I can provide you with tonnes of research as well that proves the negative impact this is now having on society as a whole.

This is just LoL or even videogames, it's everywhere. Magazines being marketed to teenagers contain airbrushed images of women to show perfectly complexion and stick thing bodies. As a result, the number of mental health issues in young girls (and boys as well) is increasing.

There are now teenagers wanting breast augmentations before their actually breasts have even developed! If that doesn't make you go DAFUQ?! I worry for your future. Scores more develop depression, eating disorders and anxiety over their bodies because most will just never be able to emulate the images they are constantly exposed to.

This isn't a LoL problem, but they are A part of this problem by constantly creating female champions that are designed primarily to be attractive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0jS1Mps0n

Member

10-09-2012

Well, I'm a dude like 95% of the community an appreciate the SIutty outfits. Thanks riot.


edit: Wow a lot of people are offended by the skimpy skins. Fact is most girls want to dress like that but society doesn't let them. They're all dirty deep down


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
I don't see your point... what are you trying to state?
If you look at the two images in contrast, you can see how male gaze influenced the fanservicey choice of camera angle and pose for Freljord Ashe, where Classic Ashe is a serious skin.

The main point I'm making is that when people say "Girls want to look good," they think they're arguing against the OP when they really aren't. Nobody is trying to get rid of good-looking girls. It's when you get backbreaking postures like Lux's, awkward wince-for-the-camera poses like Fiora's, waists with no room for internal organs like MF's and Morgana's, and plain old wardrobe malfunctions like Akali's that problems arise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxReagan

Senior Member

10-09-2012

This is like asking playboy for a more conservative line of magazines. Fantasy is fantasy dude, don't get your heart broken over this. Just don't buy the skimpy skins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0jS1Mps0n

Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailias View Post
Yes it does, and as a result of marketers realising this rather obvious concept there is now an entire generation of young girls being exposed to images of women that don't actually look like women. This is a serious issue and I can provide you with tonnes of research as well that proves the negative impact this is now having on society as a whole.

This is just LoL or even videogames, it's everywhere. Magazines being marketed to teenagers contain airbrushed images of women to show perfectly complexion and stick thing bodies. As a result, the number of mental health issues in young girls (and boys as well) is increasing.

There are now teenagers wanting breast augmentations before their actually breasts have even developed! If that doesn't make you go DAFUQ?! I worry for your future. Scores more develop depression, eating disorders and anxiety over their bodies because most will just never be able to emulate the images they are constantly exposed to.

This isn't a LoL problem, but they are A part of this problem by constantly creating female champions that are designed primarily to be attractive.
Yea, mentally weak teens that probably had poor guidance. Blaming magazines for low self-esteem? Get a grip. Society doesn't hold people accountable for themselves anymore. What a shame.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0jS1Mps0n

Member

10-09-2012

Women = objects


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karolina

Senior Member

10-09-2012

I guess I'll post this every 2 pages since people don't get what the OP is about.

There's not enough variety in female champion design. OP would like more diversity in the future.
That's it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vu Sugoi

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailias View Post
Yes it does, and as a result of marketers realising this rather obvious concept there is now an entire generation of young girls being exposed to images of women that don't actually look like women. This is a serious issue and I can provide you with tonnes of research as well that proves the negative impact this is now having on society as a whole.

This is just LoL or even videogames, it's everywhere. Magazines being marketed to teenagers contain airbrushed images of women to show perfectly complexion and stick thing bodies. As a result, the number of mental health issues in young girls (and boys as well) is increasing.

There are now teenagers wanting breast augmentations before their actually breasts have even developed! If that doesn't make you go DAFUQ?! I worry for your future. Scores more develop depression, eating disorders and anxiety over their bodies because most will just never be able to emulate the images they are constantly exposed to.

This isn't a LoL problem, but they are A part of this problem by constantly creating female champions that are designed primarily to be attractive.
you mean young girls thats watching tv or young girls that are playing video games? most girls that play games dress like the next guy. meaning tshirt and jeans. maybe 30% are actually dressy girlie girl. the young girls you're talking are following idols like beyonce or whatever. They produced toys like bratz for young girls and where in this picture do you see a young girl dressing up like a sexualize elf? or a scantily clad wind girl?

The whole argument about breast implants is not only by media(mainly tv and magazines) but the idea that just because guys like them, doesn't mean guys want you to cut yourself up for breasts. If a girl gets them for her own self-empowerment, go for it, more power to them. Like I mentioned earlier, no one is even noticing the non-sexualized champs that we just got? It's because you purposely sandwich your mind into breasts. I don't think the girl is constantly staring at the breast and being all jelly while playing or become cautious about their bodies... most people are worried about being ganked or feeding when they play. If you want to admire someone appearance then its kool but if they get low self-esteem issues someone has a more desirable appearance then its partly due to that person state of mind and the society that is influence it. Riot has many efforts to level the field on variety and YET people has to jump on their backs just because their realistic ideals doesnt coincide into Riot's fantasy theme ENTERTAINMENT game.

I see a police woman on the street, I want to see that same manly(not all are), muscular, boring, fully clothed version on Cait. I'll dish out $10 for that(hell no). Or make an officer cait that has almost every similar piece of uniform except a skirt in a GAME and try to sell that instead. Much more appealing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0jS1Mps0n

Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
you mean young girls thats watching tv or young girls that are playing video games? most girls that play games dress like the next guy. meaning tshirt and jeans. maybe 30% are actually dressy girlie girl. the young girls you're talking are following idols like beyonce or whatever. They produced toys like bratz for young girls and where in this picture do you see a young girl dressing up like a sexualize elf? or a scantily clad wind girl?

The whole argument about breast implants is not only by media(mainly tv and magazines) but the idea that just because guys like them, doesn't mean guys want you to cut yourself up for breasts. If a girl gets them for her own self-empowerment, go for it, more power to them. Like I mentioned earlier, no one is even noticing the non-sexualized champs that we just got? It's because you purposely sandwich your mind into breasts. I don't think the girl is constantly staring at the breast and being all jelly while playing or become cautious about their bodies... most people are worried about being ganked or feeding when they play. If you want to admire someone appearance then its kool but if they get low self-esteem issues someone has a more desirable appearance then its partly due to that person state of mind and the society that is influence it. Riot has many efforts to level the field on variety and YET people has to jump on their backs just because their realistic ideals doesnt coincide into Riot's fantasy theme ENTERTAINMENT game.

I see a police woman on the street, I want to see that same manly(not all are), muscular, boring, fully clothed version on Cait. I'll dish out $10 for that(hell no). Or make an officer cait that has almost every similar piece of uniform except a skirt in a GAME and try to sell that instead. Much more appealing.
finally, someone who gets it.. Seems like society is also feminizing the younger generation of men...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cAres

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Adult Humans:
Cassiopeia


...ok