@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaristinnQT

10-05-2012

Actually, plenty of girls play this game. They're fine with it. Why aren't you OP? We shouldn't have to cater to your special demands.

Arcqe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

while the portrayal of females is an actually important topic in LoL, the OP is being overly confrontational about the topic and flaming more so than promoting active discussion..

CaristinnQT

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcqe View Post
while the portrayal of females is an actually important topic in LoL, the OP is being overly confrontational about the topic and flaming more so than promoting active discussion..
You expect radfem SJWs to bring logic to the table and not just their feelings? Because you really shouldn't.

OP seriously implied that girls wouldn't be attracted to a guy built like Tryndamere.

Nyarii

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcqe View Post
I feel that the OP hasn't been nearly as confrontational as most of the commentators. =/ Most of the comments themselves simply do not promote active discussion, whereas the OP stated in the original post that he / she wanted it to be a discussion.

Piltover Mayor

10-05-2012

OP: This is well written and needs to be addressed. I share your concerns.

The anatomy of humanoid females in this is also impossibly flexible in some splash art; if you can see both their chests and butts then there has been a deliberate attempt to sexualize the character. No one can bend that way.

Boyahda

10-05-2012

I agree somewhat with some of your points. However, if every female champion looked like Kayle (who is your only acceptable female champion apparently) with full armor and "practical" attire, this would be an incredibly boring game. By the way, every game/movie/commercial/TV show etc. portrays females this way. Ask yourself why.

Arcqe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyarii View Post
I feel that the OP hasn't been nearly as confrontational as most of the commentators. =/ Most of the comments themselves simply do not promote active discussion, whereas the OP stated in the original post that he wanted it to be a discussion.
sadly, this kind of topic sort of promotes flaming.

as is though, even if the OP did state it, he/she more or less just bashed on female character design whilst doing little to look at the other sides of the arguement.

I don't disagree that it's not an issue, but the way in which it was handled wasn't the correct way to handle it.

CaristinnQT

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyarii View Post
I feel that the OP hasn't been nearly as confrontational as most of the commentators. =/ Most of the comments themselves simply do not promote active discussion, whereas the OP stated in the original post that he / she wanted it to be a discussion.
Not a discussion when OP is already predisposed to a position and doesn't even care about the lore about some of the skins she's complaining about. Battle Bunny Riven and Caitlyn, for example.

MathMage

10-05-2012

Without getting extensively into the feminist elements of the discussion, there's lots to be improved about champion visual design, male AND female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgonnadiesoon View Post
you do remember the idea of Battle Bunny Riven was thought up by a female right? Just thought i would point that out
Shaella is not actually a girl. Just putting that out there.

StunnedandSlayed

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piltover Mayor View Post
OP: This is well written and needs to be addressed. I share your concerns.

The anatomy of humanoid females in this is also impossibly flexible in some splash art; if you can see both their chests and butts then there has been a deliberate attempt to sexualize the character. No one can bend that way.
You better not ever walk down the street because you'll see alot of curves.

What are you a quaker? All women should wear dresses to cover thier elbows and knees. Get real man its the 21st century.

Women have no right to dictate a game that is male dominated. Not to mention an industry that is male dominated.