@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

need4sleep

Senior Member

10-08-2012

internet warrior forcing his childish ideas on company by posting non stop on forum, sad life you have son, but go on boost your anonimous super powers)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clappersucks

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Lord almighty, looks like i have to slow it down for your caveman brain to understand.

As a company, and especially this company in particular, has a huge amount of influence, especially over adolescent males, they have POWER.

IF YOU'VE EVER SEEN ****ING SPIDER MAN YOU KNOW THAT GREAT POWER COMES WITH GREAT RESPONSIBILITY

DO YOU ****ING HATE SPIDERMAN?

Your argument is 'things are bad, so things are bad, why try to make things better'

If no one ever tried to make anything better, we'd still be living in caves and throwing **** at eachother
It is your opinion that it is bad. The vast majority of the paying customers of this game do not agree. Just look at the skins that the OP described as being "stripper skins". Some of those skins are among the most popular in the entire game, such as Bunny Riven. Riots first priority is making money.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aphet

Senior Member

10-08-2012

No, Riot's first priority is making a good game, which in turn makes them money.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by clappersucks View Post
It is your opinion that it is bad. The vast majority of the paying customers of this game do not agree. Just look at the skins that the OP described as being "stripper skins". Some of those skins are among the most popular in the entire game, such as Bunny Riven. Riots first priority is making money.
>implying bunny riven isn't my creation

No. You're missing the point. As a company with as much reach as they currently have, Riot is in a unique position, a position where they can change things, there's a chance here to alter the way women are viewed in video games as a whole, industries follow trends, and trends have to start somewhere.

Sure making a money is great, but there's a difference between being rich, and being respected.

I'd rather be respected


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L0rtab

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphet View Post
I still want my sexy gay man champion. :<

Ummm . . if Taric isn't a GayMan than I don't know what is . .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-08-2012

wait wait wait, did someone honestly post and believe that women being treated DIFFERENTLY is Sexism?

treated worse or better is, being treated DIFFERENTLY is not, that form of equality is impossible.

socieity will always differentiate between men and women, no matter how equal we are in every regard socially and politically, this is ingrained in human nature, the only way we will all be treated exactly the same is if we all become exactly the same.

for instance most women can not be approached as if they were "one of the guys" this is not to say that the men wouldn't do it, it is to say that the women would not accept it in any regard.

and this thread certainly has gone on a long time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeer0x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-08-2012

its human nature.

You can be as emancipated as you want. in the end it will always tend to go to,

Women: beatifull,sexy.
Man: Strong, protective.

this definitions may be different from person to person, but in the end its there. you cannot just threw away human nature with saying im emancipated...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clappersucks

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
>implying bunny riven isn't my creation

No. You're missing the point. As a company with as much reach as they currently have, Riot is in a unique position, a position where they can change things, there's a chance here to alter the way women are viewed in video games as a whole, industries follow trends, and trends have to start somewhere.

Sure making a money is great, but there's a difference between being rich, and being respected.

I'd rather be respected
First off Riot may be extremely popular for a video game, but it is still a video game, and outside of that bubble it really does not have much reach if any at all. Second, I do not see why they would bother jeopardizing their success to satisfy the vast minority of their player base (most gamers are male). You may disagree with this outlook, but I doubt making a moral stand against societies perception of women is Riots main priority here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aphet

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0rtab View Post
Ummm . . if Taric isn't a GayMan than I don't know what is . .
Funnny, but seriously. Taric is not attractive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
wait wait wait, did someone honestly post and believe that women being treated DIFFERENTLY is Sexism?

treated worse or better is, being treated DIFFERENTLY is not, that form of equality is impossible.

socieity will always differentiate between men and women, no matter how equal we are in every regard socially and politically, this is ingrained in human nature, the only way we will all be treated exactly the same is if we all become exactly the same.

for instance most women can not be approached as if they were "one of the guys" this is not to say that the men wouldn't do it, it is to say that the women would not accept it in any regard.

and this thread certainly has gone on a long time.
Women being treated differently is sexism.

Its discrimination between sexes.

Are you saying discriminating between the sexes isn't sexism?